Walleye Hunter

Default Shifing on a 1995 100 hp Merc

I have a problem with the linkage adjustment on my 100 hp merc. When
the shifter is in nuetral the lower unit is partiall engaged so that
when you turn the prop or when you are in nutral running you can hear
a ticking sound. but if you move the shifter slightly towards reverse
it goes away. The adjustment on the kinkage is maxed out in that
direction. I looked at the shifter and all seems fine on that end.
This changed so that I could not even shift into reverse so I took it
in to a shop and they replaced some parts in the lower unit which took
care of the shifting into reverse but not the linkage problem. Any
ideas would be appricated.

Merc 5.0 MPI or Volvo 5.0Gxi/SX David Ditch General 1 October 28th 03 11:28 PM
Need Help trobleshooting 1989 40hp Merc Jeff Reeder General 2 October 13th 03 05:50 PM
V8 260 Merc Engine Help [email protected] General 0 August 24th 03 12:20 PM
Merc outboard leaks oil Ty General 0 July 24th 03 09:05 PM
Timing Merc 350 MAG MPI Craig Gunther General 2 July 22nd 03 08:21 PM