Himm

Default Bottom of outdrive damaged HELP!

At the bottom of my outdrive, below the prop the small fin hit a rock
and was slightly bent and gouged. Some one mentioned that there might be
a bolt on part to cover this. Does anyone know of such an item and maybe
a webpage that would sell this?
Thanks
Himm
Short Wave Sportfishing

On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 14:31:46 GMT, Himm wrote:

At the bottom of my outdrive, below the prop the small fin hit a rock
and was slightly bent and gouged. Some one mentioned that there might be
a bolt on part to cover this. Does anyone know of such an item and maybe
a webpage that would sell this?
Thanks
Himm

If it's just slightly bent, then take a block of wood - 2x6 would do,
and a heavy hammer or a rubber mallet, have somebody hold the wood on
one side and just swing the hammer or mallet a few times to get it
back in line.

As to the "gouge" - that depends on the "gouge". If it's a dent, then
file it down and smooth it out.

However, you can have this done at any good prop shop. The repair is
simple and not at all time consuming.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT
-----------
"Angling may be said to be so
like the mathematics that it
can never be fully learnt..."

Izaak Walton "The Compleat Angler", 1653
Greg O

"Himm" wrote in message
At the bottom of my outdrive, below the prop the small fin hit a rock
and was slightly bent and gouged. Some one mentioned that there might be
a bolt on part to cover this. Does anyone know of such an item and maybe
a webpage that would sell this?
Thanks
Himm

Slightly bent and gouged probably is not a problem, unless it just bugs you!
I broke off the bottem 4-5 inches of the skeg on my drive and did not miss
it. It finnally bugged me ennough to get it repaired.
A prop shop, or a good welding shop should be able to repair it cheap
enough. I would not put on a bolt on skeg, fix it right for about the same
price!
Greg

nfisherman

Himm wrote in message m...
At the bottom of my outdrive, below the prop the small fin hit a rock
and was slightly bent and gouged. Some one mentioned that there might be
a bolt on part to cover this. Does anyone know of such an item and maybe
a webpage that would sell this?
Thanks
Himm

You're looking for a Skeggard or SkegPro. The Skeggard is $100 at
www.cabelas.com. I found the SkegPro at www.boatus.com.