Harry Krause

Default O.T. A day at the airport.

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:50:23 GMT, "NOYB" wrote:

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
-
Isn't it nice that the corporate representative worked so hard to shift
the blame or guilt from overselling the flight from his company onto the
passengers in the terminal?

Even with this touching story, poor Harry can't even find something decent
to say about humanity. What a louse.

Trouble is, though, he's right.

When I buy a hunting or fishing license, I know the score. I might
get lucky, I might not. It is a risk I understand and accept.

When I buy a ticket, I have a reasonable expectation of *using* that
ticket to claim *my* seat, NOT as a receipt for a hunting license.
And definitely not becoming an unwilling participant in a lottery for
the seat I paid for.... with doe-eyed passengers looking on to see how
hard-hearted I am.... and by proxy, passing the blame for lack of
surrender on to anybody else with a greater conscience.

Harry is clearly correct, the unpatriotic and un-American persons
involved were the sellers of tickets that they *knew* were not good
and would not be honored. Suppose they told these service men and
women up front?

In another thread we discussed the morality of paying for goods and
services received. Do you think a no-show will receive a refund?
Even if that flight was overbooked and people were turned away. This
is a crappy way to do business.

My point (and I hope Harry's) is that these people did the right thing
and performed a greater good for these service men and women to show
their appreciation for their sacrifices to our country and *right the
wrong* done to them by a transportation system driven by corporate
greed and paid to stay in business by the Federal Government.

My $.02.

Indeed, the passengers who agreed to be "bumped" to allow the service
personnel to board were gracious and generous. The corporation behaved
like - your typical corporation.

Further, it really annoys me that the service personnel have to pay for
their own tickets to get home on leave from a war zone. It's one thing
to pay for your ticket home from a billet in Germany; it's quite another
to have to pay to get home for two weeks from a frippin' war.

Why isn't Bush stepping up to the plate to do something for these warriors?

Why? Because he's a detached pile of crap.

--
Email sent to is never read.

Gary Warner

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message

Very well put Gene.

JB Gates

I blocked Harry, JPS and jamaice a long time ago so I dont have to read
their hatefull post.
"Paul Garcia" wrote in message
He reminds of the kind of person everyone walks away from when he walks

into
a cocktail party. What a putz.

"NOYB" wrote in message
m...

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
-
Isn't it nice that the corporate representative worked so hard to

shift
the blame or guilt from overselling the flight from his company onto

the
passengers in the terminal?

Even with this touching story, poor Harry can't even find something

decent
to say about humanity. What a louse.

Joe

Some of these same evil corporations are donating millions of sky miles to
the most needy soldiers.

Are you donating yours?

To donate your Delta SkyMiles, send the following information:

1.. Your SkyMiles account number
2.. Your name, address and phone number
3.. The amount of miles to be donated, and
4.. A request to have your miles donated to "SkyMiles for Heroes"
You may send your donation request via:

a.. Fax to 404-773-1945
b.. Mail to: Delta Air Lines Inc., SkyMiles Service Center, Dept. 654,
P.O. Box 20532, Atlanta, Ga. 30320-2532.
c.. Email to

Harry Krause

Joe wrote:

Some of these same evil corporations are donating millions of sky miles to
the most needy soldiers.

Are you donating yours?

To donate your Delta SkyMiles, send the following information:

1.. Your SkyMiles account number
2.. Your name, address and phone number
3.. The amount of miles to be donated, and
4.. A request to have your miles donated to "SkyMiles for Heroes"
You may send your donation request via:

a.. Fax to 404-773-1945
b.. Mail to: Delta Air Lines Inc., SkyMiles Service Center, Dept. 654,
P.O. Box 20532, Atlanta, Ga. 30320-2532.
c.. Email to

Sorry, but it is my position that the U.S. taxpayers ought to pick up
the tab for back-home leave for soldiers risking their lives in a war zone.

Or perhaps Corporate America should pick up the tab directly. After all,
it is the corporations that will make out like bandits from Bush's war.
The vets will return home injured or ill, and be subject to third-class
treatment from the military and the VA.

Soldiers serving in a war zone always get a raw deal, while corporations
make huge profits from the aftermath of war.

--
Email sent to
is never read.

Robert White

This is due to years of democrats undermining the military. We are losing
lives because of the liberals giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Terrorist
listen to the democrats here and figure if they can just hold out a little
longer, they will win. If the dems would put as much effort into helping
this country as they do bad mouthing it, the terrorist problem would have
been handled years ago.

Bob
Joe wrote:

[...]

Harry Krause

Robert White wrote:

This is due to years of democrats undermining the military. We are losing
lives because of the liberals giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Terrorist
listen to the democrats here and figure if they can just hold out a little
longer, they will win. If the dems would put as much effort into helping
this country as they do bad mouthing it, the terrorist problem would have
been handled years ago.

Hehehe. You righties are a panic. Simple thoughts in your simple minds.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Gould 0738

This is due to years of democrats undermining the military. We are losing
lives because of the liberals giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Terrorist
listen to the democrats here and figure if they can just hold out a little
longer, they will win. If the dems would put as much effort into helping

this country as they do bad mouthing it, the terrorist problem would have
been handled years ago.

Ever consider moving to a police state? In such a system, *nobody* is allowed
to express any dissent when the government
launches a war or question the motives/wisdom of participating in same.

It makes a very efficient system. The government simply declares how it is
proper to think about this subject or that, and those who disagree better darn
well keep mouth shut- or they'll be a burning corpse by morning.

Anybody in Iraq who might wonder what the official will of the American people
might be, has only to look out the window
and see the occupation troops on the street. Only to huddle in the cellar and
pray to Allah as the bombs and artillery rounds fall on structures that may be
very nearby. (As was the case 2-3 nights ago)

When the country is wrong, should we avoid speaking out simply because the
people "in charge" are making the mistake?

Under a police state, the republicans will have to keep silent wehn the
democrats are in charge or be suspected of treason. Same when the reverse is
true.

Would you like such a system? It seems to be what you're advocating in your
post.
Harry Krause

Gould 0738 wrote:

[...]

The saddest part is the bit about giving "aid and comfort" to the enemy.
What enemy? The people in Iraq resisting the forces of the United
States? Those people weren't "resisting" us until we invaded their country.

Those are the people we are "fighting" in Iraq. We're certainly not
fighting the terrorists responsible for planning or carrying out 9-11.
We don't have much like finding those folks. But the Iraqi people? Well,
they're available, and some of them fight back.

--
Email sent to is never read.
JohnH

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:28:46 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Joe wrote:

[...]

Harry, if corporations are making out so well, where did this post come from?

The Bush Economy continues:

Baltimore City Public School System Facing Massive Layoffs

http://www.btimes.com/News/article/a...ID=34960&sID=4

Zhone completes merger, dumps workers

http://sanjose.bizjournals.com/sanjo...0/daily65.html

Adobe Systems cuts 3% of work force

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/...tml/Financial/
AP.V7162.AP-Adobe-Job-Cuts.html

Job ends for civilian report technicians

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp...1&nav=0RapJ8H3

Conference confronts Macon job losses

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap...y.asp?ID=24244

Nineteen lose jobs at Boston Herald

http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs....114/APF/311140
937

Plant closings cost Salem 620 jobs

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles...ews/news11.txt

Berkshire Health Systems Cuts

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/...asp?ArID=47707

County Forces Unpaid Leave at SB Courts

http://www.ucsbdailynexus.com/news/2003/6091.html

Telemarketers Blame Layoffs on Do not Call Registry

http://www.ucsbdailynexus.com/news/2003/6091.html

Tyco Set to Cut 100 Jobs

http://www.bgdailynews.com/cgi-bin/v...o20031114_news.
html+20031114+news

Vistakon completes layoffs with 279 Jax cuts

http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/...003/11/10/dail
y33.html

Returning Troops Complain of Job Problems

http://www.nbc4.com/employment/2636233/detail.html

Police Budget Heading for the Red

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com...992~1766750,00.
html

Budget woes hammer state and local government jobs

http://www.mlive.com/news/aanews/ind...68824510113360.
xml

Hoover Lays off 30 salaried workers

http://www.morningjournal.com/site/n...id=46377&newsi
d=10514236&PAG=461&rfi=9

Bechtel could lay off 200 by Jan. 31

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/lo...-4384050c.html

Wafer Plants Closing in Salem

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/o...se/business/10
68815001294900.xml

Steelcase Inc - More Layoffs Possible

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,1,5113811.sto
ry?coll=chi-business-hed

Big Bear stores to go up for auction

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.c...14/localnews/6
40298.html

Proposed job cutbacks stun Cleveland Police, Fire unions

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...cuyahoga/10688
05886245050.xml

Cuts too depp for tasks at hand

http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/...s-8/1068804442
28580.xml

Amid layoffs, CSX has $1-million for Super Bowl seats

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/11/14/Bu..._CSX_has.shtml

Franklin Mint dismisses 200 workers from Suburban Center

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...2&PAG=461&dept
_id=465812&rfi=6

Housing Authority Cuts Jobs

http://www.bouldernews.com/bdc/count...BDC_2423_24277
40,00.html

Cone cuts 190 Jobs at White Oak Mill

http://www.news-record.com/money/new...oak_111403.htm

Layoffs Looming Large at Valley Crest

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...9&PAG=461&dept
_id=455154&rfi=6

Des Moines School Layoffs could affect 45

http://www.dmregister.com/news/stori.../22759582.html

Budget Cuts in Westchester to Force 236 Layoffs

http://tinyurl.com/v2nn

N.E. Acquarium to Lay off Staff

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/mone...67/detail.html

Ahold consolidation could mean layoffs for Giant in Maryland

http://www.gazette.net/200346/busine.../187963-1.html

Mayor Campbell addresses layoff proposal

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/2635979/detail.html

Yesterday's figures don't look much better, but then, the AJC says:
Jobless Claims Low Enough to Breed Optimism

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/...14jobless.html

Thanks, Dubya.

--
Email sent to is never read.