Harry Krause

Default O.T. A day at the airport.

Robert White wrote:

This is due to years of democrats undermining the military. We are losing
lives because of the liberals giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Terrorist
listen to the democrats here and figure if they can just hold out a little
longer, they will win. If the dems would put as much effort into helping
this country as they do bad mouthing it, the terrorist problem would have
been handled years ago.

Hehehe. You righties are a panic. Simple thoughts in your simple minds.

--
Email sent to is never read.
Gould 0738

This is due to years of democrats undermining the military. We are losing
lives because of the liberals giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

Terrorist
listen to the democrats here and figure if they can just hold out a little
longer, they will win. If the dems would put as much effort into helping

this country as they do bad mouthing it, the terrorist problem would have
been handled years ago.

Ever consider moving to a police state? In such a system, *nobody* is allowed
to express any dissent when the government
launches a war or question the motives/wisdom of participating in same.

It makes a very efficient system. The government simply declares how it is
proper to think about this subject or that, and those who disagree better darn
well keep mouth shut- or they'll be a burning corpse by morning.

Anybody in Iraq who might wonder what the official will of the American people
might be, has only to look out the window
and see the occupation troops on the street. Only to huddle in the cellar and
pray to Allah as the bombs and artillery rounds fall on structures that may be
very nearby. (As was the case 2-3 nights ago)

When the country is wrong, should we avoid speaking out simply because the
people "in charge" are making the mistake?

Under a police state, the republicans will have to keep silent wehn the
democrats are in charge or be suspected of treason. Same when the reverse is
true.

Would you like such a system? It seems to be what you're advocating in your
post.
jps

In article , says...
This is due to years of democrats undermining the military. We are losing
lives because of the liberals giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Terrorist
listen to the democrats here and figure if they can just hold out a little
longer, they will win. If the dems would put as much effort into helping
this country as they do bad mouthing it, the terrorist problem would have
been handled years ago.

Bob

We don't bad mouth our country, we bad mouth the people running it.
That is called dissent and since you cannot tell the difference between
that and "aid and comfort to the ememy," your opinion is worth nothing.

Secondly, do you not think the Iraqis value their country as much as the
US does? If someone invaded and occupied our country because they
disagreed with our leadership, would we sing and dance in the streets
and worship the occupiers? Hell no, "people" like you would be trying
to pick off every enemy soldier you could from the "media room of your
split level." You'd consider anyone who hailed the conquering troops as
heros traitors.

If the invaders own people were partially against the actions of their
country would it serve as a catalyst in your resolve to fight? **** no.
You'd fight because you don't want to be occupied by a foreign power,
without regard to what anyone thinks.

May you be personally subject to a full body search by John Ashcroft for
dubious reasons having nothing to do with terrorism but based on the
Patriot Act.

Then maybe you'll realize what's worth a fight.
JohnH

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 10:28:46 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

Joe wrote:

Some of these same evil corporations are donating millions of sky miles to
the most needy soldiers.

Are you donating yours?

To donate your Delta SkyMiles, send the following information:

1.. Your SkyMiles account number
2.. Your name, address and phone number
3.. The amount of miles to be donated, and
4.. A request to have your miles donated to "SkyMiles for Heroes"
You may send your donation request via:

a.. Fax to 404-773-1945
b.. Mail to: Delta Air Lines Inc., SkyMiles Service Center, Dept. 654,
P.O. Box 20532, Atlanta, Ga. 30320-2532.
c.. Email to

Sorry, but it is my position that the U.S. taxpayers ought to pick up
the tab for back-home leave for soldiers risking their lives in a war zone.

Or perhaps Corporate America should pick up the tab directly. After all,
it is the corporations that will make out like bandits from Bush's war.
The vets will return home injured or ill, and be subject to third-class
treatment from the military and the VA.

Soldiers serving in a war zone always get a raw deal, while corporations
make huge profits from the aftermath of war.

Harry, if corporations are making out so well, where did this post come from?

The Bush Economy continues:

Baltimore City Public School System Facing Massive Layoffs

http://www.btimes.com/News/article/a...ID=34960&sID=4

Zhone completes merger, dumps workers

http://sanjose.bizjournals.com/sanjo...0/daily65.html

Adobe Systems cuts 3% of work force

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/...tml/Financial/
AP.V7162.AP-Adobe-Job-Cuts.html

Job ends for civilian report technicians

http://www.wivb.com/Global/story.asp...1&nav=0RapJ8H3

Conference confronts Macon job losses

http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap...y.asp?ID=24244

Nineteen lose jobs at Boston Herald

http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs....114/APF/311140
937

Plant closings cost Salem 620 jobs

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles...ews/news11.txt

Berkshire Health Systems Cuts

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/...asp?ArID=47707

County Forces Unpaid Leave at SB Courts

http://www.ucsbdailynexus.com/news/2003/6091.html

Telemarketers Blame Layoffs on Do not Call Registry

http://www.ucsbdailynexus.com/news/2003/6091.html

Tyco Set to Cut 100 Jobs

http://www.bgdailynews.com/cgi-bin/v...o20031114_news.
html+20031114+news

Vistakon completes layoffs with 279 Jax cuts

http://jacksonville.bizjournals.com/...003/11/10/dail
y33.html

Returning Troops Complain of Job Problems

http://www.nbc4.com/employment/2636233/detail.html

Police Budget Heading for the Red

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.com...992~1766750,00.
html

Budget woes hammer state and local government jobs

http://www.mlive.com/news/aanews/ind...68824510113360.
xml

Hoover Lays off 30 salaried workers

http://www.morningjournal.com/site/n...id=46377&newsi
d=10514236&PAG=461&rfi=9

Bechtel could lay off 200 by Jan. 31

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/tch/lo...-4384050c.html

Wafer Plants Closing in Salem

http://www.oregonlive.com/business/o...se/business/10
68815001294900.xml

Steelcase Inc - More Layoffs Possible

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,1,5113811.sto
ry?coll=chi-business-hed

Big Bear stores to go up for auction

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.c...14/localnews/6
40298.html

Proposed job cutbacks stun Cleveland Police, Fire unions

http://www.cleveland.com/news/plaind...cuyahoga/10688
05886245050.xml

Cuts too depp for tasks at hand

http://www.nj.com/news/expresstimes/...s-8/1068804442
28580.xml

Amid layoffs, CSX has $1-million for Super Bowl seats

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/11/14/Bu..._CSX_has.shtml

Franklin Mint dismisses 200 workers from Suburban Center

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...2&PAG=461&dept
_id=465812&rfi=6

Housing Authority Cuts Jobs

http://www.bouldernews.com/bdc/count...BDC_2423_24277
40,00.html

Cone cuts 190 Jobs at White Oak Mill

http://www.news-record.com/money/new...oak_111403.htm

Layoffs Looming Large at Valley Crest

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...9&PAG=461&dept
_id=455154&rfi=6

Des Moines School Layoffs could affect 45

http://www.dmregister.com/news/stori.../22759582.html

Budget Cuts in Westchester to Force 236 Layoffs

http://tinyurl.com/v2nn

N.E. Acquarium to Lay off Staff

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/mone...67/detail.html

Ahold consolidation could mean layoffs for Giant in Maryland

http://www.gazette.net/200346/busine.../187963-1.html

Mayor Campbell addresses layoff proposal

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/2635979/detail.html

Yesterday's figures don't look much better, but then, the AJC says:
Jobless Claims Low Enough to Breed Optimism

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/...14jobless.html

Thanks, Dubya.

--
Email sent to is never read.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
Harry Krause

Joe wrote:

[...]

Uh...my comment was directed towards those corporations that are or will
be involved in war profiteering as a result of Bush's dirty little war
in Afghanistan and Iraq.

--
Email sent to
is never read.

John Gaquin

"Harry Krause" wrote in message
Joe wrote:

Some of these same evil corporations are donating millions of sky miles

the most needy soldiers.

Are you donating yours?

and Harry replied.....

Sorry, but it is my position that the U.S. taxpayers ought to pick up

Translation : NO, not me! It's the government's job! I complain a lot, but
I'm not going to do anything to help. S&#T!!!! N.A.T.O., Harry.

Harry Krause

Joe wrote:

Some of these same evil corporations are donating millions of sky miles

the most needy soldiers.

Are you donating yours?

and Harry replied.....

Sorry, but it is my position that the U.S. taxpayers ought to pick up

Translation : NO, not me! It's the government's job! I complain a lot, but
I'm not going to do anything to help. S&#T!!!! N.A.T.O., Harry.

Oh, I'm going to do a lot to help. I'm going to work very hard next year
to defeat Bush and his brown-shirted thugs, and I'm also going to
donate as much money as I can to aid in that effort.

As for paying to get those troops on leave from a battlefield home: the
Bush Administration sent them over there with our dollars; I see no
reason for us to hold back our dollars to get them home for leave. As a
taxpayer, I have no objection to paying for travel home for leave for
soldiers in a combat zone.

Aren't *any* of your righties capable of independent thought? Or are you
all BushBorgs? Bush is a disaster; can't you righties begin to admit it?

--
Email sent to is never read.
Joe

Sorry, but it is my position that the U.S. taxpayers ought to pick up
the tab for back-home leave for soldiers risking their lives in a war

zone.

Ask not what.............................................. .................

Capt. Frank Hopkins

A little different from those coming home from Vietnam eh?

They weren't cheered, they were spat on.

They weren't told welcome home, they were called baby killers.

They weren't loved, they were despised.

Do you think we owe them a BIG apology?

Capt. Frank

RGrew176 wrote:
I hope that you will spare me a few minutes of your time to tell you about
something that I saw on Monday, October 27.

I had been attending a conference in Annapolis and was coming home on
Sunday. As you may recall, Los Angeles International Airport was closed on
Sunday, October 26, because of the fires that affected air traffic control.
Accordingly, my flight, and many others, were canceled and I wound up
spending a night in Baltimore.

My story begins the next day. When I went to check in at the United counter
Monday morning I saw a lot of soldiers home from Iraq. Most were very young
and all had on their desert camouflage uniforms. This was as change from
earlier, when they had to buy civilian clothes in Kuwait to fly home. It was
a visible reminder that we are in a war. It probably was pretty close to
what train terminals were like in World War II.

Many people were stopping the troops to talk to them, asking them questions
in the Starbucks line or just saying "Welcome Home." In addition to all the
flights that had been canceled on Sunday, the weather was terrible in
Baltimore and the flights were backed up. So, there were a lot of unhappy
people in the terminal trying to get home, but nobody that I saw gave the
soldiers a bad time.

By the afternoon, one plane to Denver had been delayed several hours. United
personnel kept asking for volunteers to give up their seats and take another
flight. They weren't getting many takers. Finally, a United spokeswoman got
on the PA and said "Folks. As you can see, there are a lot of soldiers in
the waiting area. They only have 14 days of leave and we're trying to get
them where they need to go without spending any more time in an airport then
they have to. We sold them all tickets, knowing we would oversell the
flight. If we can, we want to get them all on this flight. We want all the
soldiers to know that we respect what you're doing, we are here for you and
we love you."

At that, the entire terminal of cranky, tired, travel-weary people, a
cross-section of America, broke into sustained and heartfelt applause. The
soldiers looked surprised and very modest. Most of them just looked at their
boots. Many of us were wiping away tears.

And, yes, people lined up to take the later flight and all the soldiers went
to Denver on that flight.

That little moment made me proud to be an American, and also told me why we
will win this war.

If you want to send my little story on to your friends and family, feel
free. This is not some urban legend. I was there, I was part of it, I saw it
happen.

Will Ross
Administrative Judge
United States Department of Defense