Harry Krause

Default O.T. A day at the airport.

RGrew176 wrote:

By the afternoon, one plane to Denver had been delayed several hours. United
personnel kept asking for volunteers to give up their seats and take another
flight. They weren't getting many takers. Finally, a United spokeswoman got
on the PA and said "Folks. As you can see, there are a lot of soldiers in
the waiting area. They only have 14 days of leave and we're trying to get
them where they need to go without spending any more time in an airport then
they have to. We sold them all tickets, knowing we would oversell the
flight. If we can, we want to get them all on this flight. We want all the
soldiers to know that we respect what you're doing, we are here for you and
we love you."

Isn't it nice that the corporate representative worked so hard to shift
the blame or guilt from overselling the flight from his company onto the
passengers in the terminal?

United acted as it did, "knowing we would oversell the flight."

If United gave a crap, it would have made another plane available, or it
wouldn't have overbooked so drastically.

Here's another issue to ponder: why isn't the military picking up the
tab for getting these soldiers home for leave? Yes, I know, the military
doesn't usually do this, but Bush's dirty little war in Iraq is not our
usual sort of strategic or nation-building exercise.

This mess Bush has gotten us into in Iraq is going to have a serious
impact on the future of the reserve forces.

I hope the troops on leave got home to their families.

We'll all be lucky to survive this incompetent idiot we now have in the
White House.

--
Email sent to is never read.