Wayne.B

Default Trailering

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 00:01:50 +0100, Marcus AAkesson
wrote:
Speaking about towing capacity, what kind of drivers license do You
need for this kind of towing ( truck + over 3000 kg trailer) ?

Just curious of the differences!

=================================

For non-commercial driving, no special license is usually required.

Mark Davis

Sorry I disappeared there for a little while (I was getting the boat)..

In case anyone is paying attention still. I actually went and got the boat,
boat and trailer was just under 10,000 lbs (I weighed at a truck stop). One
thing I was totally unprepared for was that my initial understanding and
research told me the beam was 9 feet. In reality it was 10'5", talk about a
BEAST. Great for fishing, not towing.

So long and short I got a slip and it is going to stay in the water for now,
not for towing around -- especially small city streets.

Thanks so much for everyones advice, opinions and knowledge!

mark.

"Rod McInnis" wrote in message

"Mark Davis" wrote in message
link.net...

What are the opinions, pros/cons of trailering a inboard around.

If it is in a slip, you are more likely to go use it on a weekend, and

it
would certainly be less hassel.

How much does this beast weigh?

I assume it is under the 8'6" width restriction, otherwise towing it

around
will be a greater hassel.

on the other hand:

Filling up the boat will be a lot cheaper on a land based gas station.
Far less maintenance with it sitting on a trailer instead of in the water.

Opinions please?

You don't need to commit to just one way. Trailer it around to a couple

of
different spots. Eventually you will find out for yourself what the trade
offs are. Many people I know would be terrified to tow a rig that large,
others don't have any problem with it. I would think that you might like

leave it in one spot for a few weeks or months then tow it to a new spot.

Rod