Kevin Anderson

Default buying a boat from another state

well I just registered my boat and trailer at DMV 2 months ago, not nearly
as big of a deal as you think it is.

"David Ditch" wrote in message
sort of:

Boat is DNR
Trailer is DMV
Both are 5%

I talked to the dealer, they do it all the time for people out of state.

It
has to be done a certain way with the trailer and the boat seperated and

the
Title has to be done correctly as well. Its good news for me so I don't

get
double taxed.

"Kevin Anderson" wrote in message
et...
you pay tax when you register at DMV

"Woodchuck" wrote in message
I purchased my boat in Florida and didn't get taxes until it was

registered
in PA. Call a dealer or boating commission in MD and ask them.

"David Ditch" wrote in message
So I should not have to pay PA state tax at time of Sale?

David
"Dan Krueger" wrote in message
hlink.net...
The tax rate is usually determined by the state and county where

the
boat
is
registered.

Dan

David Ditch wrote:
Does anyone know if Maryland has an excise tax on boats

purchased
in
another
state?
I live in MD (5% sales tax) and may purchase a new boat from a

dealer
in
PA
(6% sales tax).

David

David Ditch

Are you in Maryland?
If so, can you give me any hints on where to do the paperwork? Was it all at
the DMV?
I'm trying to get all the paperwork done so I can sea trial before I put the
boat away for the winter.
Gonna winter storage my boat at my Sisters down in central Virginia.

David
. net...