Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jul 2007
Posts: 36,387
Default REGULAR AND DEISEL

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 20:33:47 -0400, Alex wrote:

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 09:06:29 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

I dont think Wayne is putting his money where his mouth is. That
would be foolish. Ask him, Exxon or Solyndra?

My XOM is up over 50% since I bought it last December. ($40-$67)


I'm up a bundle on USO but it might be time to sell my investment and
hold the profit.


That is always a question. Sell it within a year and pay the taxes or
hold it a year and not pay taxes. (We are usually under the cap).

  #36   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,257
Default REGULAR AND DEISEL

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 06:19:32 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 6/8/2021 11:20 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:34:29 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 3:43:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 13:35:05 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

Bill Wrote in message:r
justan wrote: Both $3.Thanks to Joey and his crew of
incompetants.Cheap compared to here.

We have Desantis. You don't have any buffer at all between you and
those incompetants in Washington.
California likes to punish poor people. Those who can't afford an
electric car.
Gas was $2.959 today, it has been $2.799 or $2.759 at Speedway.

===

The price of crude is up because increases in demand are outpacing
increases in supply. When refineries pay more for their feed-stock, the
price of their production follows right along. Planes are flying again
and people are driving a lot more.

I donít really believe that is the cause. There is a tremendous backlog of
crude. I understand they had to slow down pumping as there was no storage
availability. I think it is a truer indicator of inflation than what the
Fed is stating.


===

It's true that the price of energy flows through the economy and eventually affects the price of everything, similar to what happened in the 1970s and 80s. If demand continues to outpace supply, oil will continue to rise in price until either demand decreases or supply increases.



I am still hung up on the push for fully electric vehicles.

Back when the "peak oil" theory was popular many experts claimed
we would very soon run out of oil. Turns out that wasn't true.
The world has an abundance of oil. The new focus is on how
"clean" it is.

The effects on global warming due to burning fossil fuels are
categorized as being
"front end" and "back end". Electric vehicles are "back end" meaning
they don't contribute negatively to the climate as they use the stored
energy in their batteries. But the "front end" effects are still there
because fossil fuels still are the dominant source of energy (89
percent) that generates the power used to charge the electric vehicle
batteries. Until that changes, increased use of electric vehicles will
actually have more of a negative effect than gas/diesel powered vehicles
overall.


This may improve if more sources such as wind, solar, geothermal, etc.
sources are developed however it's going to take a *lot* of it
to equal the fossil fuel energy used by gas and diesel powered vehicles.
The demand may be outpaced by the number of
electric vehicles in use, especially if they are mandated by governments
too soon.

Sources of "clean" electric generation *must* be developed
simultaneously with the increasing emphasis on electric vehicles.

Then, there is the problem of overloading an outdated electric
distribution grid as it is required to supply power equal to
that currently being used by fossil fuel powered vehicles in
addition to that currently used for other purposes.
That amount of power must be gigantic.


You are not speaking the party line!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!
  #37   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,257
Default REGULAR AND DEISEL

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 05:45:20 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 8:21:12 AM UTC-4, justan wrote:
"
Wrote in message:r
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:34:29 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote: wrote: On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 3:43:06 PM UTC-4, wrote: On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 13:35:05 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote: Bill Wrote in message:r justan wrote: Both $3.Thanks to Joey and his crew of incompetants.Cheap compared to here. We have Desantis. You don't have any buffer at all between you and those incompetants in Washington. California likes to punish poor people. Those who can't afford an electric car. Gas was $2.959 today, it has been $2.799 or $2.759 at Speedway. === The price of crude is up because increases in demand are outpacing increases in supply. When refineries pay more for their feed-stock, the price of their production follows right along. Planes are flying again and people are driving a lot

more. I don?t really believe that is the cause. There is a tremendous backlog of crude. I understand they had to slow down pumping as there was no storage availability. I think it is a truer indicator of inflation than what the Fed is stating.===It's true that the price of energy flows through the economy and eventually affects the price of everything, similar to what happened in the 1970s and 80s. If demand continues to outpace supply, oil will continue to rise in price until either demand decreases or supply increases.

Haven't you heard? We have a goodly supply stored underground.
Enough to run a war for as long as it takes. Thanks to sleepy
Joe, we won't have enough pipeline to move it to the refinerys as
needed. Your adopted party is killing America. The big question
is Why.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?


----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html


===

So I guess you are willing to trade the democracy foundation of this country for a pipeline? I'm not. FWIW, I disagreed with the decision to cancel the Keystone pipeline, and will probably disagree with more decisions and policy initiatives down the line. Protecting democracy has a price.


Democracy was never in doubt. More bull****.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!
  #38   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,257
Default REGULAR AND DEISEL

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 10:28:30 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 6/9/2021 9:42 AM, wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 05:45:20 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 8:21:12 AM UTC-4, justan wrote:
"
Wrote in message:r
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:34:29 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote: wrote: On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 3:43:06 PM UTC-4, wrote: On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 13:35:05 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote: Bill Wrote in message:r justan wrote: Both $3.Thanks to Joey and his crew of incompetants.Cheap compared to here. We have Desantis. You don't have any buffer at all between you and those incompetants in Washington. California likes to punish poor people. Those who can't afford an electric car. Gas was $2.959 today, it has been $2.799 or $2.759 at Speedway. === The price of crude is up because increases in demand are outpacing increases in supply. When refineries pay more for their feed-stock, the price of their production follows right along. Planes are flying again and people are driving a

lot
more. I don?t really believe that is the cause. There is a tremendous backlog of crude. I understand they had to slow down pumping as there was no storage availability. I think it is a truer indicator of inflation than what the Fed is stating.===It's true that the price of energy flows through the economy and eventually affects the price of everything, similar to what happened in the 1970s and 80s. If demand continues to outpace supply, oil will continue to rise in price until either demand decreases or supply increases.

Haven't you heard? We have a goodly supply stored underground.
Enough to run a war for as long as it takes. Thanks to sleepy
Joe, we won't have enough pipeline to move it to the refinerys as
needed. Your adopted party is killing America. The big question
is Why.
--
Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?


----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

===

So I guess you are willing to trade the democracy foundation of this country for a pipeline? I'm not. FWIW, I disagreed with the decision to cancel the Keystone pipeline, and will probably disagree with more decisions and policy initiatives down the line. Protecting democracy has a price.


How does canceling the pipeline "protect democracy"?

The whole concept of the 1st amendment is that we are allowed do
disagree with policy decisions made pretty much unilaterally by one
party. In this case they didn't even have much of an argument why the
pipeline was worse than thousands of tanker cars riding down Warren
Buffett's railroad every week. He distanced himself from owning the
cars but he still gets paid for hauling them.
Although there is PR value in that decision, it was probably made by
his risk management lawyers.
The oil itself is going to make it to market and either the US will
refine it or they will ship it to someone who will. The pipeline is
the most energy and carbon efficient way to do it.

Richard is correct about the electric cars, all they do is move the
smokestack down the road.



Biden and the Dems are basing their decisions and actions solely on the
basis of what Trump did or didn't do. There's no reasoning or logic
involved. Just politics. They hate Trump.


But they're protecting the hell out of Democracy! A couple hundred thousand
illegals entering the country will be a big boon to Democrat Democracy.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!
  #39   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Jan 2007
Posts: 49
Default REGULAR AND DEISEL

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 12:16:03 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 06:19:32 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 6/8/2021 11:20 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:34:29 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 3:43:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 13:35:05 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

Bill Wrote in message:r
justan wrote: Both $3.Thanks to Joey and his crew of
incompetants.Cheap compared to here.

We have Desantis. You don't have any buffer at all between you and
those incompetants in Washington.
California likes to punish poor people. Those who can't afford an
electric car.
Gas was $2.959 today, it has been $2.799 or $2.759 at Speedway.

===

The price of crude is up because increases in demand are outpacing
increases in supply. When refineries pay more for their feed-stock, the
price of their production follows right along. Planes are flying again
and people are driving a lot more.

I don’t really believe that is the cause. There is a tremendous backlog of
crude. I understand they had to slow down pumping as there was no storage
availability. I think it is a truer indicator of inflation than what the
Fed is stating.

===

It's true that the price of energy flows through the economy and eventually affects the price of everything, similar to what happened in the 1970s and 80s. If demand continues to outpace supply, oil will continue to rise in price until either demand decreases or supply increases.



I am still hung up on the push for fully electric vehicles.

Back when the "peak oil" theory was popular many experts claimed
we would very soon run out of oil. Turns out that wasn't true.
The world has an abundance of oil. The new focus is on how
"clean" it is.

The effects on global warming due to burning fossil fuels are
categorized as being
"front end" and "back end". Electric vehicles are "back end" meaning
they don't contribute negatively to the climate as they use the stored
energy in their batteries. But the "front end" effects are still there
because fossil fuels still are the dominant source of energy (89
percent) that generates the power used to charge the electric vehicle
batteries. Until that changes, increased use of electric vehicles will
actually have more of a negative effect than gas/diesel powered vehicles
overall.


This may improve if more sources such as wind, solar, geothermal, etc.
sources are developed however it's going to take a *lot* of it
to equal the fossil fuel energy used by gas and diesel powered vehicles.
The demand may be outpaced by the number of
electric vehicles in use, especially if they are mandated by governments
too soon.

Sources of "clean" electric generation *must* be developed
simultaneously with the increasing emphasis on electric vehicles.

Then, there is the problem of overloading an outdated electric
distribution grid as it is required to supply power equal to
that currently being used by fossil fuel powered vehicles in
addition to that currently used for other purposes.
That amount of power must be gigantic.

You are not speaking the party line!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!


===

What party line is that? You may have forgotten but I'm a man without a party since I'm disgusted with both Republicans and Democrats in more or less equal measure. I do own a fair number of energy stocks however since I regard them as both a good investment and a partial hedge against inflation.
  #40   Report Post  
posted to rec.boats
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by BoatBanter: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,257
Default REGULAR AND DEISEL

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 10:50:14 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 12:16:03 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 06:19:32 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:
On 6/8/2021 11:20 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:34:29 PM UTC-4, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 3:43:06 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 13:35:05 -0400 (EDT), justan wrote:

Bill Wrote in message:r
justan wrote: Both $3.Thanks to Joey and his crew of
incompetants.Cheap compared to here.

We have Desantis. You don't have any buffer at all between you and
those incompetants in Washington.
California likes to punish poor people. Those who can't afford an
electric car.
Gas was $2.959 today, it has been $2.799 or $2.759 at Speedway.

===

The price of crude is up because increases in demand are outpacing
increases in supply. When refineries pay more for their feed-stock, the
price of their production follows right along. Planes are flying again
and people are driving a lot more.

I donít really believe that is the cause. There is a tremendous backlog of
crude. I understand they had to slow down pumping as there was no storage
availability. I think it is a truer indicator of inflation than what the
Fed is stating.

===

It's true that the price of energy flows through the economy and eventually affects the price of everything, similar to what happened in the 1970s and 80s. If demand continues to outpace supply, oil will continue to rise in price until either demand decreases or supply increases.



I am still hung up on the push for fully electric vehicles.

Back when the "peak oil" theory was popular many experts claimed
we would very soon run out of oil. Turns out that wasn't true.
The world has an abundance of oil. The new focus is on how
"clean" it is.

The effects on global warming due to burning fossil fuels are
categorized as being
"front end" and "back end". Electric vehicles are "back end" meaning
they don't contribute negatively to the climate as they use the stored
energy in their batteries. But the "front end" effects are still there
because fossil fuels still are the dominant source of energy (89
percent) that generates the power used to charge the electric vehicle
batteries. Until that changes, increased use of electric vehicles will
actually have more of a negative effect than gas/diesel powered vehicles
overall.


This may improve if more sources such as wind, solar, geothermal, etc.
sources are developed however it's going to take a *lot* of it
to equal the fossil fuel energy used by gas and diesel powered vehicles.
The demand may be outpaced by the number of
electric vehicles in use, especially if they are mandated by governments
too soon.

Sources of "clean" electric generation *must* be developed
simultaneously with the increasing emphasis on electric vehicles.

Then, there is the problem of overloading an outdated electric
distribution grid as it is required to supply power equal to
that currently being used by fossil fuel powered vehicles in
addition to that currently used for other purposes.
That amount of power must be gigantic.

You are not speaking the party line!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!


===

What party line is that? You may have forgotten but I'm a man without a party since I'm disgusted with both Republicans and Democrats in more or less equal measure. I do own a fair number of energy stocks however since I regard them as both a good investment and a partial hedge against inflation.


The new green deal liberal party line.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Perkins 4.108 deisel jayhearts Cruising 13 July 5th 10 08:46 PM
Detroit Deisel (NOT MINE) HotRod Boat Building 1 September 13th 05 08:49 PM
Detroit Deisel (NOT MINE) HotRod General 1 September 13th 05 08:49 PM
What are some qualities I should be looking for in a deisel engine? MLapla4120 Cruising 3 May 22nd 04 12:36 PM
Is there a good website for marine deisel engine info? MLapla4120 Cruising 1 May 15th 04 01:35 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 BoatBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Boats"

 

Copyright © 2017