Default More Riots!

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 19:32:01 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 01:37:28 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 12:05:30 -0500, John wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 14:23:11 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:16:49 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/22/21 9:07 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 10:56:13 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 1/22/21 10:35 AM, Wayne B wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2021 07:18:12 -0500 (EST), justan wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
On Thu, 21 Jan 2021 20:15:08 -0500, John
wrote:Or, Wayne and Harry, are these just 'peaceful protests' instigated by
Trump?https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/us/protests-portland-seattle-biden.htmlhttps://www.wsj.com/articles/inauguration-day-protests-in-portland-seattle-turned-violent-11611260877How
do you explain that ****? Note that a Federal courthouse was attacked,
no one was shot.Wow.===Wow indeed. Were there members of
congress inside the courthousetrying to carry out the constitutional
process of certifying thepresidential electoral college votes? Were the
rioters incited by thePOTUS in an attempt to overturn his election
defeat?None of that excuses mob violence of course, no matter where and
whyit happens. I'm also thinking that Portland
needs to make a concertedeffort to identify and arrest some of these
hooligans. I suspectthey've got a hard core group of repeat offenders
that should be dealtwith.

Do we have any numbers yet on the dwindling population of NYC, NY
State, California, and Washington State. Just curious. My
unscientific poll says a significant number of NYers and Fornians
are moving to Florida.

===

Florida has been a popular retirement destination for New Yorkers for
more than 70 years. Over here on the left coast most of our newcomers
are from the mid-west. I call it the I-75 pipeline effect. There has
definitely been a move out of New York City. Between Covid, high tax
rates and crime, there have been a lot of reasons to leave. My oldest
son and his wife have done that, turning their summer home out east
into their year round residence, and working from home.

I gave up trying to convince my wife that my favorite little Connecticut
town, Milford, would be a great place to retire. She's a Southern belle,
and cannot tolerate the winter cold there or the water temperature of
the Sound for swimming in the summer...too cold for her.

Neither of us want to return to Florida. Number One on our "hit list"
are a couple of areas just west of Savannah. Hilton Head is still nice,
but it is pretty congested these days and we noticed that for months at
a time, from spring through September at least, the auto traffic is very
heavy all around the island and just off of it. If you go off-island,
the traffic wait to get back on it is lengthy and annoying. Also, a lot
of the island is looking worn-out. Plus, Georgia seems a bit more
socially progressive than South Carolina, as evidenced that in the
recent elections there, a black minister and a Jew were elected to the
U.S. Senate, both Democrats.

Atlanta might be for you. It is pretty much like DC and I lived in
both places. Those is the people who are driving Georgia politics now.

That's funny. I've no interest in living in any big metro center, with
the possible exception of San Francisco. I've been to Atlanta maybe a
half dozen times on business and do not find it appealing. It is
nothing like D.C., which is a pretty small city. If we were to live
again in Florida, we think St. Augustine is livable. We like visiting
Ft. Lauderdale and Miami in the winter, though.

Your fixation on homosexuality will stand you in good stead in SF.
Terrible place anymore. Has been ruined in the last 20-30 years. Homeless
everywhere, even city hall grounds. I grew up across the bay from San
Francisco, liked it. Went to City College of SF, and graduated from SF
State. Worked there for 10 years. The political leaders have trashed the
place. Over taxed, under served.

I spent a week in San Francisco in 74 and it sucked then.

We visited San Francisco several years ago. I enjoyed the view of the Golden
Gate Bridge from the view point across the bay. The rest of it pretty much
sucked. And I hear it's gone way downhill since then. Of course, being a liberal
who welcomes illegal immigrants, Harry probably finds scenes like this very
comforting.

https://www.google.com/search?q=san+...wT5Ykj4trHAK8M

or:shorturl.at/gnyAM

IBM put is up at the Hyatt (I think) It was that class a hotel anyway
and we had most of it. My favorite spot in the whole city was sitting
on the roof of the cat walk between the 15 floors of the 2 towers. 150
feet above the city is how you should see it., The bay bridge was out
there along with city lights like you would expect. That was great
until someone saw me and thought I was jumping or something. I was
sitting there with my feet dangling over the edge enjoying my
cocktail.
I managed to get inside before the fire department arrived. ;-)

They told me I couldn't do that anymore and they nailed the windows
shut.

The best was the Jack Tar hotel. They had a rotating cylinder sign on the
roof. Sit on the edge and get a 360 degrees view. I think it is now the
Cathedral Hill Hotel.

You probably know the hotel I am talking about. It is in the
tenderloin, 2 tall towers with a catwalk between them on the 16th
floor. I am thinking Hyatt.

Might be the Hyatt Regency. But that is more financial district and not
Tenderloin. I worked nights in the Tenderloin for years. We had the
computer systems in Macy’s and Capwells. The night entrance for Capwells
was an alley where those living in the street lived.

In 1974 this place was plenty sleazy. Right outside there were strip
joints, half naked women in store windows selling something, hookers
and winos.
That was when I decided 150 feet up was the best way to see the place.

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 23:26:14 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/25/21 2:32 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 01:37:28 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 12:05:30 -0500, John wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 14:23:11 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:16:49 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

We liked the Hotel Union Square if we were paying for the rooms. Old
hotel, not a cookie cutter place, small parking lot, right on
transportation lines, close to Macy's and some of our favorite restaurants.

Look at the Handlery Hotel. Nice place, reasonable and great location.

Last time we were there we went straight from SFO to Santa Cruz
without slowing down.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/california/...nta%20Cruz.jpg

It was 50 sumpin and blowing about 25 out of the east.

wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 19:32:01 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 01:37:28 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 12:05:30 -0500, John wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 14:23:11 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:16:49 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

That was really a year or two in to the major descent into trash town.

wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/25/21 2:32 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 01:37:28 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 12:05:30 -0500, John wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 14:23:11 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:16:49 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

We were there yesterday. Went down to Felton a few miles up in the hills
Saturday. Then SC and Capitola yesterday. Took the camper as we are
without heat in the house until they promised Thursday. New heater and AC
and some duct work. So wife figured a nice warm camper and road trip.
Looked a little better but was close. Rain and cold. Seems as if we are
finally getting some precipitation. We were down there early December and
was warm and beautiful. We cut our Christmas tree in the SC mountains and
then get a Costco pizza and go to Steamer Lane and picnic and watch the
surfers.

https://www.surfline.com/surf-report...65fad6a7708805

On Tue, 26 Jan 2021 05:49:20 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/25/21 2:32 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 01:37:28 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 12:05:30 -0500, John wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 14:23:11 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:16:49 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

I really wish I could park our camper permanently at the house. Then I could
leave it plugged in and not have to winterize. It would be nice to use it during
the winter without the winterizing hassle every time.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/25/21 2:32 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 01:37:28 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 12:05:30 -0500, John wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 14:23:11 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:16:49 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

computer systems in MacyÂ’s and Capwells. The night entrance for Capwells
[...]

We have frost and may get to high 20’s during the night, but has been maybe
30 years since we had freezing weather that cracked blocks, etc. pool
actually had an inch or two of ice that year for a week. As a kid, I
remember snow only one time in the Bay Area. We had an inch of snow and
was pretty cool to look at the hills on San Francisco side of the bay and
see snow patches.

wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/25/21 2:32 PM, Bill wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 01:37:28 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Sun, 24 Jan 2021 12:05:30 -0500, John wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 14:23:11 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Jan 2021 06:16:49 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:

Wayne B Wrote in message:r
[...]

HOA trouble?
Here the only time they *might* hassle you is if someone was living
there full time.
If you parked it behind your house the only way it would come up is if
a neighbor complained and the code enforcement officer could prove it.
That is pretty hard to do since they can't come on your property
without permission.
One of my neighbors has a nice Class A pusher in his driveway that may
be worth more than the CE officer's house.

wrote:

https://www.surfline.com/surf-report...65fad6a7708805

I really wish I could park our camper permanently at the house. Then I could
leave it plugged in and not have to winterize. It would be nice to use it during
the winter without the winterizing hassle every time.

HOA trouble?
Here the only time they *might* hassle you is if someone was living
there full time.
If you parked it behind your house the only way it would come up is if
a neighbor complained and the code enforcement officer could prove it.
That is pretty hard to do since they can't come on your property
without permission.
One of my neighbors has a nice Class A pusher in his driveway that may
be worth more than the CE officer's house.

No HOA. A few trees would have to go, a driveway poured, and the wife's
approval.

The last is the show-stopper.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I don't have that problem. My wife is a builder.
She would have a couple of Mexicans over here dropping those trees
tomorrow, a machine would show up Sunday, dig out the stumps and grade
it. Monday we would be getting concrete.

Aftermath of Riots John[_6_] General 0 January 8th 21 02:46 PM
Why the riots? Nomen Nescio General 0 June 16th 20 01:35 AM
Why the riots? Justan Ohlphart[_4_] General 6 June 15th 20 05:30 PM
Question about the riots Mr. Luddite[_4_] General 10 June 1st 20 12:23 PM
2012 forecast: Food riots, ghost malls, mob rule, riots, terror [email protected] General 308 October 27th 09 10:12 PM