Tan PS

Default OMC Cobra Spark Plug Removals

I've tried removing the plugs on the 5.7 Cobra. Real pain.

The standard plug wrench don't seem to be able to get a good grip on the
hex. The sockt can't seat fully due to the socket wall thickness. Is there
a special tool or technique?

TIA

Tan PS

Lawrence James

Some more quality brand tools have thinner wall sockets. Try snap-on. Are
you sure the socket is not bottoming out otherwise. Try putting the socket
on without the extension or ratchet on it.

"Tan PS" wrote in message
I've tried removing the plugs on the 5.7 Cobra. Real pain.

The standard plug wrench don't seem to be able to get a good grip on the
hex. The sockt can't seat fully due to the socket wall thickness. Is

there
a special tool or technique?

TIA

Tan PS

Wildest Dream

I have a OMC 5.8L king cobra, it has a tube going under the manifold that is
part of the manifold that kept the socket from going on the plug at all,
just got on the porcelain, I gave up, still have the new plugs, $35, will
change them when I have to do the manifolds which should be soon they have 9
yrs. on them now, scared me just to talk about them, well I'm trying to sell
the boat maybe I won't have to do it but I just might if it is a selling
point, which I think it will be? somebody in this group told me to grind
down a snap-on socket and it will go on but I was Leary, haven't tried it
yet, maybe this yr., or maybe not! GL
link.net...

"Tan PS" wrote in message
I've tried removing the plugs on the 5.7 Cobra. Real pain.

The standard plug wrench don't seem to be able to get a good grip on the
hex. The sockt can't seat fully due to the socket wall thickness. Is

there
a special tool or technique?

TIA

Tan PS

Calif Bill

My 5.8 engine I use a box end wrench. Look around and you can find one with
a bigger offset up and down direction. Have bought a 5/8 socket and am
going to cut off the top and weld a short handle to the side. When I get
around to it.
Bill

t...

"Tan PS" wrote in message
I've tried removing the plugs on the 5.7 Cobra. Real pain.

The standard plug wrench don't seem to be able to get a good grip on

the
hex. The sockt can't seat fully due to the socket wall thickness. Is

there
a special tool or technique?

TIA

Tan PS

Trainfan1

I've had good luck with the stamped-steel snowmobile type 6-point plug
wrench for inboard plugs. A quality one - Poo, Doo, Arctic, or Yamaha, from
the tool kit is usually pretty good strengthwise.

Rob
*
*
*