Trainfan1

Default OMC Cobra Spark Plug Removals

I've had good luck with the stamped-steel snowmobile type 6-point plug
wrench for inboard plugs. A quality one - Poo, Doo, Arctic, or Yamaha, from
the tool kit is usually pretty good strengthwise.

Rob
*
*
*

"Lawrence James" wrote in message
link.net...
Some more quality brand tools have thinner wall sockets. Try snap-on.

Are
you sure the socket is not bottoming out otherwise. Try putting the

socket
on without the extension or ratchet on it.

"Tan PS" wrote in message
I've tried removing the plugs on the 5.7 Cobra. Real pain.

The standard plug wrench don't seem to be able to get a good grip on the
hex. The sockt can't seat fully due to the socket wall thickness. Is

there
a special tool or technique?

TIA

Tan PS