Default Have to admit, this was stupid.

On Wed, 6 Jan 2021 17:19:18 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

I think Florida in he panhandle had the best system.
Paper ballot, you ran through a scanner that told you if it was properly
filled out. No duplicates, warned if missing a section, and gave a paper
trail.

All of Florida has been doing that since 2004 I believe. I know all of
SW Fla does.
We **** canned the electronic machines here after the 2002 mid term
election. (only used once) It was another government boondoggle that
cost the counties millions.

On Wed, 06 Jan 2021 12:53:51 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jan 2021 12:17:29 -0500, John wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jan 2021 10:07:01 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jan 2021 09:51:43 -0500, John wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jan 2021 09:05:09 -0500, Wayne B
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jan 2021 08:13:01 -0500, John wrote:

China is a much bigger threat to Democracy than Trump would ever be. This is not
Nigeria.

===

Agreed that China is a long term external threat.

Trying to overturn a valid election with bogus claims, threats and
intimidation is a very real internal threat. It also sets a dangerous
precedent for the future. Hopefully some of the perpetrators will be
prosecuted to discourage future attempts.

No, Wayne, it is not an internal threat. It is an exercise in stupid futility.
He, like Harry, has a narcissistic disorder. But, there are enough good people
in this country to keep him in check.

===

Let's hope that proves to be correct, and it probably will, at least
for now. A lot of damage has been done however, especially to the
Republican party which has become highly fractionalized. We also now
have large sections of the population who believe that the election
process is rigged and invalid, and large sections of the population
that believe in cockamamie conspiracy theories. With any luck Trump
himself will fade into obscurity but he has changed the political
landscape for the forseeable future and created a roadmap for other
opportunistic misfits that may follow.

Yes, I believe he's done a lot of damage to the Republican party. I am part of
that large section of the population who believes there was a lot of Democrat
controlled foul play in this election. Enough to make a difference? I don't
know. But when states violate their own constitutions, something is amiss.

===

Claims of foul play and constitutional violations should be
investigated and substantiated. Rumor and inuendo is not enough.
Plenty of Republicans are still being elected so the chances of
selective foul play at only the presidential level seem unlikely. More
likely to me is that large numbers of people began to see through
Trump's dishonest bluff and bluster, enough for him to not only lose
the popular vote in a big way, but also the electoral vote.

When the investigators and substantiators are part of the foul play and
constitutional violations, getting a fair and just outcome is somewhat
difficult.

===

So you're convinced that the justice department and supreme court are
in on the foul play? That seems unlikely since many of them are
Trump appointees and have solid conservative credentials.

Wow, what an assumption!

So you're convinced there was *no* foul play?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!