Default Words of Wisdom From an Unexpected Place

On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 01:40:40 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 23:44:38 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Wayne B wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 21:02:31 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Wayne B wrote:
On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 10:26:54 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

===

Basically you need to be on a canal in order to have a dock with
adequate storm protection. There are lots of possibilities in south
west Florida: Punta Gorda Isles, Cape Coral and Ft Myers spring
immediately to mind.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Punta-Gorda-Isles_Punta-Gorda_FL

https://www.zillow.com/cape-coral-fl/waterfront/

https://www.zillow.com/fort-myers-fl/waterfront/

Pretty reasonable property.

===

Very reasonable by California standards, and also compared to the
northeast.

My 1973 2450’ house is about $1.3 million now. A local 5000’ 1900 built
house on 2nd street just sold for $3.3 million. But is the one in the
early Rebecca of Sunny brook Farm movie.

That is another incentive to move away. You could buy a castle down
here for 3 million.

I don’t do well in high humidity.

How do you feel about snow ?

On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 17:42:00 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 3:49:25 PM UTC-6, wrote:

wrote:

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

===

Basically you need to be on a canal in order to have a dock with
adequate storm protection. There are lots of possibilities in south
west Florida: Punta Gorda Isles, Cape Coral and Ft Myers spring
immediately to mind.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Punta-Gorda-Isles_Punta-Gorda_FL

https://www.zillow.com/cape-coral-fl/waterfront/

https://www.zillow.com/fort-myers-fl/waterfront/

Yup it gets back to "it's only money". There are nice houses in Port
Royal if you hit that Mega Millions or Power Ball this week.

A pre FIRM house on the river here (the Heights) will go $600k and
up. If it is above FEMA add $200k to that. You save about $100k on a
canal.
PGI is probably the cheapest but you need to bring your own money.
Employment up there is tough. A lot also depends on how long you want
to idle before you can go. That is why our neighborhood is nice. If
you are on the west side you have a short canal, then it is "Safe
Normal Operation". I have a little more idling in the river, about
1000 yards and I am as far east as it gets in our neighborhood.

That is all very good information. I assume Port Royal is South Carolina. (not Jamaica)

Thank you

Naples Fl.

wrote:

[...]

Prices for Port Royal waterfront start at about 5 to 10M and go up
from there.

wrote:

[...]

Nice to drive to for an afternoon. Maybe a weekend. We see snow here.
Fact is we looked at snow this morning, on top of Mr. Diablo. Which is
about 4000’ and we are at 420’ elevation.

wrote:

[...]

Snow on city streets results in videos to be taken that rival a Three
Stooges movie.

Justan " wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I have lived in snow. Spent a year in Dayton, OH for schooling. Arrived
through an 11” blizzard in January and left the day after the first
snowfall of the next winter. Highest point in Ohio is only 1504’. Does
not make for great downhill skiing. I also lived in Denver for 3 months of
winter.

On Fri, 1 Jan 2021 18:08:10 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Justan " wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I spent several years on my Grandfather's farm in Minnesota. Had to climb over
the porch roof with a shovel to get us out of the house a couple times. Lotsa
snow in Minnesota!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

Justan " wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I got snowed on in October in Endicott. It was just my welcome to New
York and a reason why I wanted that assignment cut short. I went home
for Christmas and didn't go back.
I like skiing but I want to ski and then come home.

wrote:

Justan " wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That is a nice thing about here. Mountain skiing is only 2.5 hours away.
My parents are from Scott’s Bluff area of Nebraska. Mom grew up on a farm
a mile from the Wyoming border near Henry, NE and tells about -40 degrees.
Glad they moved here before I was born.

wrote:

Justan " wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Trivia tidbit. Most of the outdoor scenes in the movie Fargo were filmed in
Minnesota.

Unexpected treat for mall lunchgoers. HarryK[_3_] General 1 December 6th 10 02:10 PM
Words of Wisdom Lu Powell[_8_] General 5 August 6th 09 02:17 PM
Words of Wisdom from Andy Rooney katy ASA 6 January 22nd 07 02:33 PM
Unexpected treat- steamboat! noah General 4 August 28th 03 08:43 PM