Default Words of Wisdom From an Unexpected Place

On Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at 11:11:42 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 16:00:13 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

On Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 8:01:02 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Tue, 29 Dec 2020 13:42:34 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 10:44:11 PM UTC-6, Wayne B wrote:
On Mon, 28 Dec 2020 18:13:08 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

they did not cover the political affiliation of the beaver or the rehab lady

However, this article is at least nominally related to and on topic for rec.boats
===

Heh, you're new here aren't you. What kind of boats or boating are
you interested in?

probably not new
probably posted around ten years ago when I lived in DC

My medium term goal is to move to the gulf coast

Looked at a few places with docks or access to marina

Covid sort of knocked out all those plans

mk5000

Despite the fact that the crime scene photos obtained by Judicial Watch clearly revealed a serial number that would show that the AK-47 used in the commission of the crime was a Fast and Furious weapon, the City of Phoenix and Department of Justice failed to turn over the incriminating photos to Congress, despite longstanding requests for such information. --judicial watch

You sound like you would be happier on the SE coast. Those are your
kind of people.

Not sure what you mean

I live in Alabama and I love it here.

I am not too far away from the Gulf Coast but want to live on the coast, not as far away as I am now.

OK sorry, my bad.
It depends on what you like. Are you a beach guy, a canal guy or just
driving distance to a marina or a dry stack. It's only money

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

mk5000

His actions are very deliberate, no matter how tired he is. He is determined to talk to his friend. His next step is to place his hoe “Blade-end up” in the hole he’s digging. Once a reader gets to the end of this piece its clear that Frost is conveying the importance of friendship.--poemanalysis dot com on Robert Frost poem A Time to Talk

On Thu, 31 Dec 2020 10:26:54 -0800 (PST), marika
wrote:

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

===

Basically you need to be on a canal in order to have a dock with
adequate storm protection. There are lots of possibilities in south
west Florida: Punta Gorda Isles, Cape Coral and Ft Myers spring
immediately to mind.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Punta-Gorda-Isles_Punta-Gorda_FL

https://www.zillow.com/cape-coral-fl/waterfront/

https://www.zillow.com/fort-myers-fl/waterfront/

wrote:

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

===

Basically you need to be on a canal in order to have a dock with
adequate storm protection. There are lots of possibilities in south
west Florida: Punta Gorda Isles, Cape Coral and Ft Myers spring
immediately to mind.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Punta-Gorda-Isles_Punta-Gorda_FL

https://www.zillow.com/cape-coral-fl/waterfront/

https://www.zillow.com/fort-myers-fl/waterfront/

Pretty reasonable property.

wrote:

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

===

Basically you need to be on a canal in order to have a dock with
adequate storm protection. There are lots of possibilities in south
west Florida: Punta Gorda Isles, Cape Coral and Ft Myers spring
immediately to mind.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Punta-Gorda-Isles_Punta-Gorda_FL

https://www.zillow.com/cape-coral-fl/waterfront/

https://www.zillow.com/fort-myers-fl/waterfront/

Yup it gets back to "it's only money". There are nice houses in Port
Royal if you hit that Mega Millions or Power Ball this week.

A pre FIRM house on the river here (the Heights) will go $600k and
up. If it is above FEMA add $200k to that. You save about $100k on a
canal.
PGI is probably the cheapest but you need to bring your own money.
Employment up there is tough. A lot also depends on how long you want
to idle before you can go. That is why our neighborhood is nice. If
you are on the west side you have a short canal, then it is "Safe
Normal Operation". I have a little more idling in the river, about
1000 yards and I am as far east as it gets in our neighborhood.

wrote:

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

===

Basically you need to be on a canal in order to have a dock with
adequate storm protection. There are lots of possibilities in south
west Florida: Punta Gorda Isles, Cape Coral and Ft Myers spring
immediately to mind.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Punta-Gorda-Isles_Punta-Gorda_FL

https://www.zillow.com/cape-coral-fl/waterfront/

https://www.zillow.com/fort-myers-fl/waterfront/

Pretty reasonable property.

===

Very reasonable by California standards, and also compared to the
northeast.

wrote:

I want my own dock, other factors are less important

I have to live somewhere
why not shoot for the moon, but i will settle

===

Basically you need to be on a canal in order to have a dock with
adequate storm protection. There are lots of possibilities in south
west Florida: Punta Gorda Isles, Cape Coral and Ft Myers spring
immediately to mind.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Punta-Gorda-Isles_Punta-Gorda_FL

https://www.zillow.com/cape-coral-fl/waterfront/

https://www.zillow.com/fort-myers-fl/waterfront/

Pretty reasonable property.

===

Very reasonable by California standards, and also compared to the
northeast.

My 1973 2450’ house is about $1.3 million now. A local 5000’ 1900 built
house on 2nd street just sold for $3.3 million. But is the one in the
early Rebecca of Sunny brook Farm movie.

wrote:

[...]

That is another incentive to move away. You could buy a castle down
here for 3 million.

wrote:

[...]

I don’t do well in high humidity.

wrote:

[...]

That is all very good information. I assume Port Royal is South Carolina. (not Jamaica)

Thank you

mk5000

character
but flutter and flaunt
sheer rags—succumbing without
emotion--To Elsie. Wm Carlos Wms

Unexpected treat for mall lunchgoers. HarryK[_3_] General 1 December 6th 10 02:10 PM
Words of Wisdom Lu Powell[_8_] General 5 August 6th 09 02:17 PM
Words of Wisdom from Andy Rooney katy ASA 6 January 22nd 07 02:33 PM
Unexpected treat- steamboat! noah General 4 August 28th 03 08:43 PM