Default Anyone else using an LTE (cell based) home router?

I have one on a 2 week trial. So far it is not horrible and around
twice as fast as my DSL. Tacked on our family bill, it is cheaper than
Comcast or DSL.
When 5G finally rolls out here it will really be fast.
It gives me mixed emotions now about 5G. It will kill my trusty old
flip phone but my internet will go a lot faster.
I am just not sure when all of that will happen. The last I heard, we
were not even on the schedule yet.

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 21:00:42 -0500, Alex wrote:

wrote:
I have one on a 2 week trial. So far it is not horrible and around
twice as fast as my DSL. Tacked on our family bill, it is cheaper than
Comcast or DSL.
When 5G finally rolls out here it will really be fast.
It gives me mixed emotions now about 5G. It will kill my trusty old
flip phone but my internet will go a lot faster.
I am just not sure when all of that will happen. The last I heard, we
were not even on the schedule yet.

Check the fine print.Â* My friend had to use one until Comcast ran cable
to his house and at first he was limited and had to pay for more data.Â*
When he complained they waived that but throttled his connection after a
few GB of data to a slower speed.Â* It was a few years ago and I think he
was using Verizon.

I doubt I will ever use that much data. The bogie for me is 300GB. (I
think) before it goes to 3G and when it is 5G, that will downshift to
4G. Total is still unlimited.
I think it is going back anyway. I am not happy with the spotty speed.
It seems to swing between 25+mb and less than 8mb. Sometimes it won't
connect at all. It may be a signal strength thing and there is a port
for an external antenna but I will discuss that with the disconnect
agent and whoever they sent me to.