Default Thank God Im a Canadian!

Elections Canada is getting lots of love these days from people who appreciate our old school procedure.
They still use the old lead pencil on a paper ballot system. Voting stations are set up with a folding card table and a cardboard divider on top to give the minimal privacy required for civilized people.

Unbelievable how a progressive country like the US can have so many various systems. A federal election should use the same procedures coast to coast.

Oh yeah....we know by the time we go to bed on election night who is the winner. This in a larger country than the US and with a fraction of the resources.

On 11/6/20 8:31 AM, True North wrote:
Elections Canada is getting lots of love these days from people who appreciate our old school procedure.
They still use the old lead pencil on a paper ballot system. Voting stations are set up with a folding card table and a cardboard divider on top to give the minimal privacy required for civilized people.

Unbelievable how a progressive country like the US can have so many various systems. A federal election should use the same procedures coast to coast.

Oh yeah....we know by the time we go to bed on election night who is the winner. This in a larger country than the US and with a fraction of the resources.

I agree. We use paper ballots here in Maryland, and once the ballot is
marked by the voter, it is fed into a scanner. The paper ballots are
saved. We have simple voting stations, too.

I also agree that the voting rules for federal elections should be
uniform throughout the country. Early voting should be available at
convenient governmental sites beginning a month before the election, and
mail-in ballots should be acceptable so long as they are postmarked
before or on the day of election and are received within a week of the
election or maybe 10 days for overseas military voters.

--
*Expand the Supreme Court!*

On 11/6/20 8:31 AM, True North wrote:
Elections Canada is getting lots of love these days from people who appreciate our old school procedure.
They still use the old lead pencil on a paper ballot system. Voting stations are set up with a folding card table and a cardboard divider on top to give the minimal privacy required for civilized people.

Unbelievable how a progressive country like the US can have so many various systems. A federal election should use the same procedures coast to coast.

Oh yeah....we know by the time we go to bed on election night who is the winner. This in a larger country than the US and with a fraction of the resources.

Pencils with erasers. What could go wrong there.

Good news. Our Canadian friend finally escaped, picked up his new bus, and
is settling in for a warm Florida winter. I wonder if he will risk being
held hostage in Canuckistan next summer.

On 11/6/20 9:45 AM, Justan O. wrote:
On 11/6/20 8:31 AM, True North wrote:
Elections Canada is getting lots of love these days from people who
appreciate our old school procedure. They still use the old lead
pencil on a paper ballot system. Voting stations are set up with a
folding card table and a cardboard divider on top to give the minimal
privacy required for civilized people.

Unbelievable how a progressive country like the US can have so many
various systems. A federal election should use the same procedures
coast to coast.

Oh yeah....we know by the time we go to bed on election night who is
the winner.Â* This in a larger country than the US and with a fraction
of the resources.

Pencils with erasers. What could go wrong there.

Good news. Our Canadian friend finally escaped, picked up his new bus, and
is settling in for a warm Florida winter. I wonder if he will risk being
held hostage in Canuckistan next summer.

He's going to spend the winter in Florida living in a bus? I thought
that went out with the Flower People.

--
*Expand the Supreme Court!*

On Friday, 6 November 2020 at 10:10:48 UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
[...]

No erasers on those pencils. We don't tend to make many mistakes.

On 11/6/20 10:27 AM, True North wrote:
[...]

No worries. They'll fix your mistakes when they count the votes

True North Wrote in message:r
Elections Canada is getting lots of love these days from people who appreciate our old school procedure. They still use the old lead pencil on a paper ballot system. Voting stations are set up with a folding card table and a cardboard divider on top to give the minimal privacy required for civilized people.Unbelievable how a progressive country like the US can have so many various systems. A federal election should use the same procedures coast to coast.Oh yeah....we know by the time we go to bed on election night who is the winner. This in a larger country than the US and with a fraction of the resources.

You have trees, potatoes, and fish and wildlife. What more do you need?
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazon...net/index.html

On Fri, 6 Nov 2020 05:31:54 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Elections Canada is getting lots of love these days from people who appreciate our old school procedure.
They still use the old lead pencil on a paper ballot system. Voting stations are set up with a folding card table and a cardboard divider on top to give the minimal privacy required for civilized people.

Unbelievable how a progressive country like the US can have so many various systems. A federal election should use the same procedures coast to coast.

Oh yeah....we know by the time we go to bed on election night who is the winner. This in a larger country than the US and with a fraction of the resources.

That is basically the same voting system we have in Florida but it
needs to be a permanent mark, not a pencil.
The problem that is slowing down the count is those democrat states
who have to give their voters extra dispensation because they can't
follow simple directions and get their votes in time. Washington state
will still accept mail in ballots 20 days after the election and
California is 17.

I suppose you don't have mail in voting.

Florida had a final total before I went to bed on election night but
we were smart enough to count the mail in ballots as received and not
wait until the polls closed to start like some states.

Philadelphia is a typical union town. They stop counting every night
and start up the next day. That has a lot to do with why we still
don't know who won there.

True North wrote:
[...]

The vote counters got erasures. Rubbers to you Canadian’s. Which may be
an appropriate term.

Canadian Olympic at Port Colborne 2011-0107 - Canadian Olympic at Port Colborne 2011-0107 #0057i.jpg Steve[_10_] Tall Ship Photos 6 January 14th 11 04:52 AM
Another Canadian Loser Don White[_6_] General 8 February 12th 10 04:08 AM
A Canadian man Don White[_5_] General 0 January 23rd 10 03:07 AM
Yo!! Canadian Don... Short Wave Sportfishing General 24 September 30th 07 02:26 AM