Default Dying in a Leadership Vacuum - New England Journal of Medecine

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 3:30:36 PM UTC-4, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 10/8/20 3:24 PM, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 10/8/20 3:06 PM, wrote:

You simply can't compare those primarily homogeneous counties with the
US. You own article says it best: "But the one we can control is how
we behave. And in the United States we have consistently behaved
poorly."

"we have consistently behaved poorly" Not the POTUS. The general
population, of which about half have been taught to hate Trump by the
media, and many across both halves just aren't going to behave,
because they are Americans and you can't make them. The day of a
president, *any* president, being able to control the populace of the
US is long gone.

Hell, you can't even get some city populations to stop burning down
their own cities and neighborhoods, even when they are hurting
themselves the most, eh?

What a hilariously ignorant comment. On one aspect of it: No one had to
teach anyone to dislike Trump. His behavior, his consorting with and
admiration of dictators, and his comments and never-ending attempts to
disrupt everything he can will be what does him in. He lost the popular
vote dramatically in 2016 and it looks as if he might be facing a
landslide loss in that and hopefully in the Electoral College.

Which right-wing racist asshole here were you before you changed your
handle?

You remind me of that Miami-area asshole, It's Me, aka Alejandro Jorge
Fuste

Tommy, can you hear me?
Can you feel me near you?

Tommy, can you see me?
Can I help to cheer you?

Oh, Tommy, Tommy...

On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 14:34:13 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 4:26:17 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 12:06:46 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, October 8, 2020 at 1:15:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
When the normally non-partisan New England Journal of Medecine speaks
out, we should pay attention:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2029812

Of course we all know where the nexus of the leasership vacuum is
located.

---

Covid-19 has created a crisis throughout the world. This crisis has
produced a test of leadership. With no good options to combat a novel
pathogen, countries were forced to make hard choices about how to
respond. Here in the United States, our leaders have failed that test.
They have taken a crisis and turned it into a tragedy.

The magnitude of this failure is astonishing. According to the Johns
Hopkins Center for Systems Science and Engineering,1 the United States
leads the world in Covid-19 cases and in deaths due to the disease,
far exceeding the numbers in much larger countries, such as China. The
death rate in this country is more than double that of Canada, exceeds
that of Japan, a country with a vulnerable and elderly population, by
a factor of almost 50, and even dwarfs the rates in
lower-middle-income countries, such as Vietnam, by a factor of almost
2000. Covid-19 is an overwhelming challenge, and many factors
contribute to its severity. But the one we can control is how we
behave. And in the United States we have consistently behaved poorly.

You simply can't compare those primarily homogeneous counties with the US. You own article says it best: "But the one we can control is how we behave. And in the United States we have consistently behaved poorly."

"we have consistently behaved poorly" Not the POTUS. The general population, of which about half have been taught to hate Trump by the media, and many across both halves just aren't going to behave, because they are Americans and you can't make them. The day of a president, *any* president, being able to control the populace of the US is long gone.

Hell, you can't even get some city populations to stop burning down their own cities and neighborhoods, even when they are hurting themselves the most, eh?

===

People who "hate" Trump did not have to be taught. They dislike him
because of the constant lying, boorish behavior, disdain for science,
lack of sound leadership, and attempts to subvert the constitution. No
education required, its all out there for everyone to see.

We've had 4 years of the MSM portraying Trump in the worst way possible. I never said he didn't behave badly, but the press has given him zero credit for the good things he's done, and have showcased any tiny, barely perceived wrong as the ultimate slap in the face, up to and including manufacturing BS.

If you don't believe that the public can be led by the nose by the media, then I don't know what to tell you. Except maybe look at your own statements here lately.

===

Do the Wall Streey Journal and New England Journal of Medicine qualify
as MSM? I think not. In any case Trump's behavior is out there for
all to see and pass judgement. No media interpretation is required
except for his apologists on Fox news.

For whar it's worth, I'm a registered Republican, fiscal conservative,
and a 2nd ammendment advocate. That said, Trump is still an
unprincipled, egotistical scoundrel.

https://www.avg.com

On Thu, 08 Oct 2020 13:14:58 -0400, wrote:

[...]

And now compare our black and white obesity rates to the rest of the world.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for straightening him out.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 15:24:47 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/8/20 3:06 PM, wrote:

[...]

The subject was covid-19 rates, dip****.

How's your son, Krause? I notice none of your compatriots have the balls to ask
you.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 10/8/20 3:08 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 14:38:09 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 10/8/20 1:14 PM,
wrote:

[...]

But everyone knows the NE Journal of Medicine is a commie journal...

===

This is the first time they have commented on a political issue in
over 200 years, well before Karl Marx was born.

Oh, come on, the irony didn't go over your head. I fed you a straight line.

Where is Congress in this? Maybe they should all be fired for
incompetence!

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 10/8/20 3:06 PM, wrote:

[...]

What is ignorant about his comments?

wrote:

[...]

The media started in on Trump before he was elected, and they've shoved it down
throats. How would you act towards them in that case?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

When the normally non-partisan New England Journal of Medecine speaks
out, we should pay attention:

Unless what they say doesn't fit your agenda.

"We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers
little, if any, protection from infection. "

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372

It does sound like they are becoming partisan tho.

It sounds like they're becoming stupid. The mask was not to protect the wearer.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

Maybe, maybe not. But MSNBC, CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, NYT, WaPO, et al sure are, and are heavily liberally biased. Maybe you should expand your reading/viewing beyond those two you mention.

leadership around the world Keyser Soze[_2_] General 0 May 18th 20 01:33 PM
Harry's leadership .... Mr. Luddite[_4_] General 2 March 9th 18 03:56 PM
"I'm dying.... I'm dying.... jps General 0 December 1st 09 11:15 PM
Conservative Leadership jps General 0 November 26th 09 08:11 AM
Leadership Qualities Bob Crantz ASA 5 December 21st 04 02:32 AM