Default Is there a boating group on usenet?

Just wondering. Thanks! I like small boats for use with oars and small outboards.

On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 at 9:28:40 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tue, 8 Sep 2020 06:10:05 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Just wondering. Thanks! I like small boats for use with oars and small outboards.

===

Although boating discussion on this group has thinned out for various
reasons, most of us have, or had, boating experience, and most owners
of larger boats also own a small boat or two. What would you like to
know?

https://www.avg.com

Thanks. I have an 11' Boston Whaler and a small outboard and while it is rowable, it is not really a rowboat. I'm looking for something decent looking a little longer maybe 14 to 16 feet that I can row around inshore where I like to fish(rowing is quieter than motor) but attach a motor to get to those fishing spots. I have found it difficult to find a decent small boat. I don't like aluminum. A nice fiberglass dory would be ok, but I can't find any.

What sort of boating are you interested in?

wrote:

Just wondering. Thanks! I like small boats for use with oars and small outboards.

===

Although boating discussion on this group has thinned out for various
reasons, most of us have, or had, boating experience, and most owners
of larger boats also own a small boat or two. What would you like to
know?

https://www.avg.com

Thanks. I have an 11' Boston Whaler and a small outboard and while it is rowable, it is not really a rowboat. I'm looking for something decent looking a little longer maybe 14 to 16 feet that I can row around inshore where I like to fish(rowing is quieter than motor) but attach a motor to get to those fishing spots. I have found it difficult to find a decent small boat. I don't like aluminum. A nice fiberglass dory would be ok, but I can't find any.

You might want to look at canoes. Some have square backs. Many can be fitted
with motor brackets and outriggers.

wrote:

Just wondering. Thanks! I like small boats for use with oars and small outboards.

==
Although boating discussion on this group has thinned out for various
reasons, most of us have, or had, boating experience, and most owners
of larger boats also own a small boat or two. What would you like to
know?

https://www.avg.com

Thanks. I have an 11' Boston Whaler and a small outboard and while it is
rowable, it is not really a rowboat. I'm looking for something decent
looking a little longer maybe 14 to 16 feet that I can row around inshore
where I like to fish(rowing is quieter than motor) but attach a motor to
get to those fishing spots. I have found it difficult to find a decent
small boat. I don't like aluminum. A nice fiberglass dory would be ok,
but I can't find any.

Look at some of the Drift Boats.

wrote:

[...]

I grew up puttering around in wooden row boats in the 12 to 14 ft
range. You could also put an ouboard on them, typically in the 3 to 5
hp range. Most boats like that nowadays are home built since the
market is relatively small and tooling costs for commercial
manufacturing are high.

If your're handy with tools, like building things, and have room to
work, there are kits and plans available. Here's one example:

http://www.chase-small-craft.com/news/2013/03/a-fabulous-15-foot-rowboat.html

And another:

https://www.woodenboat.com/boat-plans-kits/mollyhawk

And a lot mo

https://www.woodenboat.com/boat-plans-kits?ia=578&ssrnd=9489

Searching Google for 15 ft rowing skiffs brings up quite a few hits:

https://www.google.com/search?q=15+foot+rowing+skiffs&oq=15+foot+rowing+s kiffs

wrote:

Just wondering. Thanks! I like small boats for use with oars and small outboards.

==
Although boating discussion on this group has thinned out for various
reasons, most of us have, or had, boating experience, and most owners
of larger boats also own a small boat or two. What would you like to
know?

https://www.avg.com

Thanks. I have an 11' Boston Whaler and a small outboard and while it is
rowable, it is not really a rowboat. I'm looking for something decent
looking a little longer maybe 14 to 16 feet that I can row around inshore
where I like to fish(rowing is quieter than motor) but attach a motor to
get to those fishing spots. I have found it difficult to find a decent
small boat. I don't like aluminum. A nice fiberglass dory would be ok,
but I can't find any.

Look at the Solo Skiff. Multipurpose.

wrote:

Just wondering. Thanks! I like small boats for use with oars and small outboards.

Try "The Hull Truth" not on use net

https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php#boating-forums

wrote:

Just wondering. Thanks! I like small boats for use with oars and small outboards.

===

Although boating discussion on this group has thinned out for various
reasons, most of us have, or had, boating experience, and most owners
of larger boats also own a small boat or two. What would you like to
know?

https://www.avg.com

Thanks. I have an 11' Boston Whaler and a small outboard and while it is rowable, it is not really a rowboat. I'm looking for something decent looking a little longer maybe 14 to 16 feet that I can row around inshore where I like to fish(rowing is quieter than motor) but attach a motor to get to those fishing spots. I have found it difficult to find a decent small boat. I don't like aluminum. A nice fiberglass dory would be ok, but I can't find any.

Something like this might be what you are looking for. They are pretty
stable and will take a pretty good sized outboard but get around OK
with a kicker.

gheenoe.net

This is a boating group because... X ` Man General 8 May 13th 12 03:02 PM
Looking for a usenet group that talks about boats. Amigoid General 10 March 5th 10 05:48 AM
*IMPORTANT* Message for Google Group, Usenet and AOL users! [email protected] General 1 January 27th 05 02:36 AM
It's a BOATing group Derek General 8 July 2nd 04 01:14 PM
This is NOT a Boating Group, it an O.T Group Florida Keyz General 3 March 11th 04 01:11 AM