Default Yet Another warning

This time from the justice department:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/25/justice-department-against-trump-401279

---

A group of onetime Republican presidential appointees who served as
senior ethics or Justice Department aides are endorsing Joe Biden for
president, warning that Donald Trump has “weaponized” the executive
branch and is putting in peril the legitimacy of the Justice
Department.

“I think a lot of us are extremely alarmed, frankly, at the threat of
autocracy,” Donald B. Ayer, former deputy attorney general during the
George H.W. Bush administration, said in an interview with POLITICO.
“He’s going to be unleashed if he gets a second term. I don’t know
what’s going to stop him.”

---

People who have seen the rise of fascist governments elsewhere should
be alarmed by this. Dismantling the firewall between the executive
branch and the justice department upsets the separation of powers that
the founding fathers carefully built into the constitution. The guys
issuing these warnings are not a bunch of disgruntled progressive
liberals.

https://www.avg.com

On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 11:38:44 -0400, wrote:

[...]

"I don’t want to be apocalyptic but if he were reelected then all of the
tendencies that we’ve seen in the first term — and they keep getting scarier and
scarier — would [only get worse] in terms of the militarization and peaceful
protests and the use of the justice system to do whatever he wants.”

His tendencies get scarier in terms of 'militarization and peaceful protests'?
The only tendancy I've seen is sending in the Feds to protect federal buildings
in Portland. Then the Democrats blamed the 'peaceful protests' (the liberals
term for riots) on Trump. Well, the 'peaceful protests' have continued, and
those damn Portland police are calling them riots almost every night. Of course,
now that the Feds have been removed, CNN, et al, just disregard the riots.

As to 'using the justice system' to do whatever he wants', I'd sure like to see
some references. I saw Barr's inquisition by the House Judiciary Committee, and
although the Democrats tried their best, they totally failed to come up with
anything illegal, immoral, unjust, or coercive. They made fools of themselves.

--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On 8/25/20 11:09 AM, John wrote:
[...]

And they're at it again. If they had a decent contender to prop up, they
wouldn't have to stoop so low with these shenanigans.

IOS warning [email protected] General 6 November 13th 15 10:40 PM
Warning! F*O*A*D General 16 April 10th 14 06:50 AM
Warning... F.O.A.D. General 2 October 31st 13 10:18 AM
E-Tec warning K. Smith General 22 January 5th 06 09:37 AM
WARNING TO BOATERS WARNING TO BAOTERS Capt. Frank Hopkins General 5 October 30th 03 08:36 PM