Default 1998 4.3L V6 Mercruiser Engine Problems

On Monday, 5 April 1999 17:00:00 UTC+10, Jim wrote:
I am having a problem with my engine. I have a 1998 4.3L V6 Mercruiser
Engine. The other day while out boating it just died. I was able to
restart it a few times at idle speed, but when I went to up the rpm's in
neutral, it sounded like it flooded and would die. Now the engine turns
over but won't catch.

I have tried the following things:

Coil and Plugs checked out OK, got good spark from both
Looked at the dist cap and rotor, all clean and dry
Checked fuel filter at carb, clean
Poured Ether and Gas in carb, no luck
Removed fuel line at carb, turned engine over a few times, lots of gas came
out
Checked to see if I had gas, yup 3/4 tank
Checked kill switch, in the run pos

Any Ideas?

Thanks
Jim

Hi Jim have you thought to check if your carby/carbies is flooding?
because you said in your message that it felt like it was flooding.could be a needle and seat problem or a hole in the float.
Goodluck.Mike