RCE RCE is offline

Default Interesting news today

Turns out I didn't have the "flu" a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't have covid-19 either.

I had (have) Lymes' disease, cause by the bite of a
deer tic.

After I recovered from the fatigue, fever, chills, etc.
two weeks ago I noticed a rash on my back. It got
bigger and bigger and then started to appear in other
places on my back and a few on my chest.

Went to the doc this morning and three doctors
checked me out and determined it is Lyme disease.
They took about 12 vials of blood for testing for
good measure.

So, now I am taking some anti-biotics for the next
21 days to kill off the bug.

The classic indicator of Lyme's disease is the red
spot (bite location) with a ring that develops around
it but it can also manifest itself in many other ways
including flu symptoms and a rash that seems to spread
all over the place.

I was pretty sure that's what it was when the rash first
developed. Our area is heavily wooded and has all kinds
of wildlife, deer, foxes, coyotes, a few
fisher cats plus turkeys and other critters.

About two weeks before I felt sick I was out clearing some
low hanging branches and brush from behind our house.
I suspect I got bit then.

https://www.avg.com

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 14:13:53 -0400, RCE wrote:

[...]

My grandson, while on a group campout, got a tick on his testicles. He was too
embarrased to tell the counselors about it. So it wasn't until a couple days
later he showed his mom. Sure enough, the red ring was there. Lyme's disease.
With some heavy treatment he got over it.

Yesterday while golfing I found two ticks crawling up my legs after looking for
a ball in some weeds.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!
RCE RCE is offline

On 6/30/2020 7:10 AM, John wrote:
[...]

Definitely has me checking more often. Left untreated, Lymes can cause
all kinds of problems for years later.

After feeling 100% for a week (other than the rash), last night I had a
temporary relapse. Felt fatigued again and chilled to the bone to the
point I was shaking.

Fortunately it only lasted for about an hour and then I felt ok again.
I have been told to expect this from time to time until the pills do
their magic.

https://www.avg.com

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 08:52:23 -0400, RCE wrote:

On 6/30/2020 7:10 AM, John wrote:
[...]

It took him some time to get over it, and he was only 14. Glad you're doing
better.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

[...]

===

One of my old work colleagues caught it. He was on antibiotics for
about 6 months if I recall correctly. Your're fortunate to have
gotten it diagnosed correctly in a timely manner. I guess doctors
have gotten better at looking for it.

https://www.avg.com

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 8:52:30 AM UTC-4, RCE wrote:
On 6/30/2020 7:10 AM, John wrote:
[...]

Feel better soon.

You guys had enough cold weather over the winter to do its thing, but here in SC we didn't. We never had the hard freeze and extended cold we usually do (yeah, I know... I mean for us), so our pests didn't get knocked back like they would have in a typical winter. Mosquitoes, No See-ums, tick are all more plentiful this year. We even have a flea infestation in the yard! I've sprayed, but to little effect. The pros are coming in a couple of days to take care of it.

John wrote:
[...]

Stop hitting the ball in to the weeds!

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:38:59 -0400, Alex wrote:

John wrote:
[...]

It was my *friend's* ball!

I'll help look for a friend's ball, but if I hit one in the woods I just take a
drop unless I spot it quickly. (That's part of the reason I shot 100 last time I
played that course!)
--

Freedom Isn't Free!