RCE RCE is offline

Default Interesting news today

On 6/30/2020 7:10 AM, John wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 14:13:53 -0400, RCE wrote:

Turns out I didn't have the "flu" a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't have covid-19 either.

I had (have) Lymes' disease, cause by the bite of a
deer tic.

After I recovered from the fatigue, fever, chills, etc.
two weeks ago I noticed a rash on my back. It got
bigger and bigger and then started to appear in other
places on my back and a few on my chest.

Went to the doc this morning and three doctors
checked me out and determined it is Lyme disease.
They took about 12 vials of blood for testing for
good measure.

So, now I am taking some anti-biotics for the next
21 days to kill off the bug.

The classic indicator of Lyme's disease is the red
spot (bite location) with a ring that develops around
it but it can also manifest itself in many other ways
including flu symptoms and a rash that seems to spread
all over the place.

I was pretty sure that's what it was when the rash first
developed. Our area is heavily wooded and has all kinds
of wildlife, deer, foxes, coyotes, a few
fisher cats plus turkeys and other critters.

About two weeks before I felt sick I was out clearing some
low hanging branches and brush from behind our house.
I suspect I got bit then.

My grandson, while on a group campout, got a tick on his testicles. He was too
embarrased to tell the counselors about it. So it wasn't until a couple days
later he showed his mom. Sure enough, the red ring was there. Lyme's disease.
With some heavy treatment he got over it.

Yesterday while golfing I found two ticks crawling up my legs after looking for
a ball in some weeds.

Definitely has me checking more often. Left untreated, Lymes can cause
all kinds of problems for years later.

After feeling 100% for a week (other than the rash), last night I had a
temporary relapse. Felt fatigued again and chilled to the bone to the
point I was shaking.

Fortunately it only lasted for about an hour and then I felt ok again.
I have been told to expect this from time to time until the pills do
their magic.

https://www.avg.com