Default Hunting Golf Balls in Florida...

....can be a bit dangerous!

https://www.liveabout.com/the-giant-...esnake-3299773
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

On Tue, 12 May 2020 16:25:19 -0400, John wrote:

...can be a bit dangerous!

https://www.liveabout.com/the-giant-...esnake-3299773
--

===

There are a lot of opportunities here to become part of the food
chain.

https://www.avg.com

On 5/13/2020 12:13 AM, wrote:

On Tue, 12 May 2020 16:25:19 -0400, John wrote:

...can be a bit dangerous!

https://www.liveabout.com/the-giant-...esnake-3299773
--

===

There are a lot of opportunities here to become part of the food
chain.

Not nearly as big as the one in John's link but Mrs.E. came home to
our house in Jupiter, FL one day to find a 4 foot diamond backed
rattle snake coiled up in the entrance to our house.

It's the reason I bought a shotgun.

Also had those "pygmy" rattle snakes usually as nests in brush and
construction debris.

https://www.avg.com

On Wed, 13 May 2020 10:32:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2020 12:13 AM, wrote:

On Tue, 12 May 2020 16:25:19 -0400, John wrote:

...can be a bit dangerous!

https://www.liveabout.com/the-giant-...esnake-3299773
--

===

There are a lot of opportunities here to become part of the food
chain.

Not nearly as big as the one in John's link but Mrs.E. came home to
our house in Jupiter, FL one day to find a 4 foot diamond backed
rattle snake coiled up in the entrance to our house.

It's the reason I bought a shotgun.

Also had those "pygmy" rattle snakes usually as nests in brush and
construction debris.

You need more black snakes. They tend to run the rattlesnakes off.
A black snake will eat a rattlesnake.
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Blacksnake2.jpg

On Wed, 13 May 2020 13:36:01 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 13 May 2020 10:32:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2020 12:13 AM,
wrote:

On Tue, 12 May 2020 16:25:19 -0400, John wrote:

...can be a bit dangerous!

https://www.liveabout.com/the-giant-...esnake-3299773
--

===

There are a lot of opportunities here to become part of the food
chain.

Not nearly as big as the one in John's link but Mrs.E. came home to
our house in Jupiter, FL one day to find a 4 foot diamond backed
rattle snake coiled up in the entrance to our house.

It's the reason I bought a shotgun.

Also had those "pygmy" rattle snakes usually as nests in brush and
construction debris.

You need more black snakes. They tend to run the rattlesnakes off.
A black snake will eat a rattlesnake.
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Blacksnake2.jpg

===

Black snakes tend to run my wife off for sure. :-) Next time I have
to scrape her off the ceiling I'll tell her how they're keeping us
safe from rattle snakes.

https://www.avg.com

On 5/13/2020 1:36 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 10:32:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2020 12:13 AM,
wrote:

On Tue, 12 May 2020 16:25:19 -0400, John wrote:

...can be a bit dangerous!

https://www.liveabout.com/the-giant-...esnake-3299773
--

===

There are a lot of opportunities here to become part of the food
chain.

Not nearly as big as the one in John's link but Mrs.E. came home to
our house in Jupiter, FL one day to find a 4 foot diamond backed
rattle snake coiled up in the entrance to our house.

It's the reason I bought a shotgun.

Also had those "pygmy" rattle snakes usually as nests in brush and
construction debris.

You need more black snakes. They tend to run the rattlesnakes off.
A black snake will eat a rattlesnake.
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Blacksnake2.jpg

That's OK. You can keep all your rattlesnakes, black snakes,
fire ants and wild boar down there. :-)

We have rattlesnakes up here but they are very rarely seen. The
"Blue Hills Reservation" here used to be infested with them.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

On Wed, 13 May 2020 10:32:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2020 12:13 AM,
wrote:

[...]

I am sorta ok if I *know* there's a snake around but I sure don't
like surprises.

I recall coming home to our house in Jupiter and opening the
garage door. I thought I saw a movement under my wife's car
but didn't pay attention until one of those black snake suckers
came slithering out towards me. When needed, I can do 0-60 in
about 1,5 seconds flat .... on foot.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

On Wed, 13 May 2020 10:32:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2020 12:13 AM,
wrote:

[...]

We caught garter snakes as a kid. One of my 9 year old granddaughter
wants a Ball Python for a pet. She loves reptiles.

On Wed, 13 May 2020 18:07:45 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2020 1:36 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 10:32:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2020 12:13 AM,
wrote:

[...]

I have been here 35 years and I never even heard of anyone seeing one
around here. We are lousy with black snakes tho. I have the ladies in
my family desensitized to them and nobody freaks.

wrote:

On Wed, 13 May 2020 10:32:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2020 12:13 AM,
wrote:

[...]

Just look at them like you want to grab them and they will haul ass. I
am the snake wrangler here, getting snakes out of people's garages and
screen cages but you need to sneak up on them. Don't establish eye
contact until you are in position to grab them. Make them think you
don't see them if you want to catch one.
OTOH an aggressive move towards them will scare them off.
A moccasin or rattler, not so much ;-)

Job Hunting in this economy John H[_12_] General 0 January 6th 10 09:35 PM
Another reason for hunting... John H[_11_] General 63 December 6th 09 12:27 AM
Pirate Hunting Canuck57[_7_] General 26 May 20th 09 05:59 AM
Pirate Hunting Tim General 0 May 19th 09 04:03 AM