Bill[_12_] Bill[_12_] is offline

Default Hunting Golf Balls in Florida...

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 5/13/2020 1:58 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 13:36:01 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 13 May 2020 10:32:23 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 5/13/2020 12:13 AM,
wrote:

On Tue, 12 May 2020 16:25:19 -0400, John wrote:

...can be a bit dangerous!

https://www.liveabout.com/the-giant-...esnake-3299773
--

===

There are a lot of opportunities here to become part of the food
chain.

Not nearly as big as the one in John's link but Mrs.E. came home to
our house in Jupiter, FL one day to find a 4 foot diamond backed
rattle snake coiled up in the entrance to our house.

It's the reason I bought a shotgun.

Also had those "pygmy" rattle snakes usually as nests in brush and
construction debris.

You need more black snakes. They tend to run the rattlesnakes off.
A black snake will eat a rattlesnake.
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Blacksnake2.jpg

===

Black snakes tend to run my wife off for sure. :-) Next time I have
to scrape her off the ceiling I'll tell her how they're keeping us
safe from rattle snakes.

I am sorta ok if I *know* there's a snake around but I sure don't
like surprises.

I recall coming home to our house in Jupiter and opening the
garage door. I thought I saw a movement under my wife's car
but didn't pay attention until one of those black snake suckers
came slithering out towards me. When needed, I can do 0-60 in
about 1,5 seconds flat .... on foot.

We caught garter snakes as a kid. One of my 9 year old granddaughter
wants a Ball Python for a pet. She loves reptiles.