Default Even more MAGA...

On Sat, 09 May 2020 13:51:54 -0400, John wrote:

On Sat, 09 May 2020 13:01:24 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 09 May 2020 11:33:10 -0400, John wrote:

On Sat, 09 May 2020 07:23:06 -0400,
wrote:

On Sat, 09 May 2020 07:01:49 -0400, John wrote:

On Fri, 08 May 2020 18:47:29 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 8 May 2020 11:21:03 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 5/7/20 11:01 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 7 May 2020 13:03:08 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

Jobless claims climb to 33M in seven weeks as nation braces for historic
unemployment rate. Added this past week: 3.2 million.

Do you think it has anything to do with the panic and the unreasonable
lockdown that choked the life out of the economy?

Indeed, why panic with only 1.3 million *confirmed* cases and 76,000+
dead in about two months, much higher totals than we would have seen if
Trump had had the brains and guts to take COVID-19 seriously when he was
first warned about it.

That would make the unemployment rate even higher.
The interesting thing is in New York, the people who stayed home fared
worse than the essential workers who carried on normally, just taking
a few precautions.

The folks that stayed home caught it from someone who *didn't* stay home.

I guess it was either from a delivery person or they think "home" is
not leaving that infected apartment building they live in. (going to
get the mail, empty the trash etc). The interesting thing is they did
worse than the people who were still going to work every day.

Greg, someone in every household needs to venture out into the real world. Folks
still eat and ****, needing food and toilet paper. The ones that ventured out
brought it home to the rest of the family. It's simply proof that venturing out
can be dangerous. Wouldn't it be more dangerous if everyone ventured out?

All of those essential workers venture out every day and spend their
whole day face to face with the public, yet it was the ones who stayed
home who ended up in the hospital in far greater numbers. I see 3
possibilities.

1. They got infected in their apartment building because they were not
following the sanitary protocols.

2. They were infected by the delivery people.

3. They lied and they didn't stay home.

I suppose it is also possible that they had other visitors who brought
them the virus too.

You failed to list 'family members' who returned from the outside - either
working or shopping or whatever. Do you think the wife and kids should isolate
themselves from dad any time he comes home? Give me a break!

Perhaps but I assumed when they said "stayed home" they meant the
family stayed home. Even so, the infected member who didn't stay home
should have hit the stat.

wrote:
[...]

Well, obviously the entire family can't always stay home.

What do you mean by 'hit the stat'? If you mean the 33% who didn't catch it at
home, you're probably correct. But, if the rest of the family had *not* stayed
home, I'd bet the number of cases would be dramatically higher.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:
[...]

If you are talking NYC, why not? They will deliver just about anything
right to your apartment there, even before the virus.

What do you mean by 'hit the stat'? If you mean the 33% who didn't catch it at
home, you're probably correct.

Of the other 33%, 24% of them were in some kind of nursing home,
assisted care or some other congregate facility. (2% homeless and 1%
inmates).

But, if the rest of the family had *not* stayed
home, I'd bet the number of cases would be dramatically higher.

Since they were highest in the country, I am not sure how much higher
it could be.

I still would have expected enough "essential workers" would be
infected to make the chart. That even surprised me. When you look at
how many people in New York are essential there should have been more
who went to the hospital.
Maybe employers imposed stricter protocols than a New Yorker would do
on his own. They do tend to be a "Fugetabout it" bunch who are not
real good at following orders.

MAGA'ing right along... Keyser Soze General 0 April 16th 20 01:43 PM
MAGA! Again Keyser Soze General 50 April 5th 20 12:30 AM
More MAGA... Keyser Soze[_2_] General 11 March 31st 20 11:49 PM
MAGA means... Keyser Soze General 2 March 31st 20 03:32 PM
MAGA! Keyser Söze General 8 December 15th 17 12:55 AM