Default Stimilus checks....

wrote:
On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 09:57:15 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 04:40:02 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Though it was direct deposit, I got mine. i talked to some who have and
some who havent...yet

Then there's those who bitch because trump supposedly wants his nae
signed to it. Kinda hard to sign your name to a direct deposit. so
dot' know wwhats going on there...
Oh well now to use it to help someone else...

We got ours also. I'll keep it and go on a spending spree when the restaurants
open up.

My wife is thinking about a new tablet with her $1200. Mine just
disappear into the slush fund and be wasted on food, electricity, beer
and fuel for the boat.

We will probably split the checks between our two daughters and families.
My investments are probably down 25%, but still not hurting.

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 19:12:38 -0000 (UTC), Bill

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 09:57:15 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 04:40:02 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Though it was direct deposit, I got mine. i talked to some who have and
some who havent...yet

Then there's those who bitch because trump supposedly wants his nae
signed to it. Kinda hard to sign your name to a direct deposit. so
dot' know wwhats going on there...
Oh well now to use it to help someone else...

We got ours also. I'll keep it and go on a spending spree when the restaurants
open up.

My wife is thinking about a new tablet with her $1200. Mine just
disappear into the slush fund and be wasted on food, electricity, beer
and fuel for the boat.

We will probably split the checks between our two daughters and families.
My investments are probably down 25%, but still not hurting.

I looked at my 401k the other day and it is down about a hundred
grand. I haven't even looked at the report from my broker. I am
looking for some bargains tho. I still have cash in my brokerage
account I am willing to toss back in.

wrote:
[...]

I am down a lot more than that.

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 00:27:24 -0000 (UTC), Bill

[...]

I don't have a huge 401k. I retired in 96 and stopped putting money
in. Without the match from IBM it wasn't that good a deal for me.
My stocks seem to be down about 25% across the board.

wrote:
[...]

I have fairly big 401ks but also invested along with the 401k and stock
options. And I invested very well when I had to cash out options at one
company. Plus I married a Chevron execs daughter.

[...]

I just looked at my broker's report and did a little looking. I am
doubling down on the manufactured home company. I have a buy order in.
I am still shopping.

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 21:33:08 -0400, Alex wrote:

wrote:
[...]

USO is looking good right now.Â* I have my average cost around $4.65 and
working on getting it lower.

Looks like it is down about $9 since January. If the Russians cry
uncle and stop flooding the market with cheap oil I see a pretty good
up side for you.

wrote:
[...]

I have probably way too much in oil. Inherited CVX stock and a bunch of
Exxon in retirement accounts. As to the stimulus checks, wondered where
mine was. Go on the irs site and they say no bank info. I have gotten
direct deposit refunds for years as well as social security deposits for 15
years.

On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 19:16:11 -0000 (UTC), Bill

wrote:
[...]

I had some XOM and made money on it a while ago but I never got back
in. I am not sure I understand enough about that business to speculate
on it. I do understand the market is highly manipulated and with the
right inside information people can make a lot of money.