Default Yo Tim!

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:37:06 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 7:00:50 PM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:45:55 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 07:18:59 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 8:07:36 AM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 01:48:29 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:34:59 -0400, John wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:33:44 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:08:55 -0400, John wrote:

Keep some of the damn rain on your side of the Appalachians!
"April showers bring May flowers" was written in DC. ;-)

Don't need the damn flowers. I've had to mow the damn grass twice already.

I cut mine the other day too. This is our dry season tho. In a month
or so the rain will start and cutting the grass is an every 6 or 7 day
thing. Fanatics cut it twice a week.

This time of year it will get cut almost twice a week.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Our grass is just starting to green up. It goes to sleep over the winter, and needs some pretty warm weather to wake back up.

Around here a natural lawn will be "ground cover" (pusley and other
drought proof weeds) from December to about May. Then it starts
raining and the grass comes up. The Bermudas and Bahia will just be
sleeping all winter.

I don't do weeds.

Your "grass" wouldn't last one summer down here. Our "grass" wouldn't make the winter up there.

I did try it, inside the screen cage. I bought a bag of good old
Indiana grass seed when I was up there one year.(and got busted by
TSA). I planed it in the early spring and it was beautiful for about
2 months. About the first week in July it just burned up.
Right now I have a southern variety of Zoysia that seems to be doing
pretty good for the last couple years. It is just about 70 square feet
by the pool tho.

wrote:

[...]

My grass is 'tall fescue'. It goes dormant during the winter, but still stays
pretty green.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

I don't do chemicals and sprinkler systems so I get weeds. The stuff
we call grass here, you would call a weed.
I always tell people, if you want that lush lawn, you should have
stopped in the Carolinas somewhere.

Once the weed problem is resolved, little chemicals are required. I take a spray
bottle with me on the mower and will give weeds a shot when I'm mowing - one
weed at a time. I do put down a pre-emergent weed killer in the fall and again
in the spring.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

"Mr. Luddite" Wrote in message:
On 3/26/2020 7:00 PM, John wrote: On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:45:55 -0400, wrote: On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 07:18:59 -0700 (PDT), Its Me wrote: On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 8:07:36 AM UTC-4, John H wrote: On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 01:48:29 -0400, wrote: On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:34:59 -0400, John wrote: On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:33:44 -0400, wrote: On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:08:55 -0400, John wrote: Keep some of the damn rain on your side of the Appalachians! "April showers bring May flowers" was written in DC. ;-) Don't need the damn flowers. I've had to mow the damn grass twice already. I cut mine the other day too. This is our dry season tho. In a month or so the rain will start and cutting the grass is an every 6 or 7 day thing. Fanatics cut it twice a week. This time of year it will get cut almost twice a week. -- Freedom Isn't Free! Our grass is just starting to green up. It goes to sleep over the winter, and needs some pretty warm weather to wake back up. Around here a natural lawn will be "ground cover" (pusley and other drought proof weeds) from December to about May. Then it starts raining and the grass comes up. The Bermudas and Bahia will just be sleeping all winter. I don't do weeds.If it's green, I mow it.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

So much for the crocus and dafdadills. :-)
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wrote:

[...]

The problem here is if you are not putting an inch of water on the
grass a week here, minimum, the grasses we have here will not survive
the dry season so we who care about wasting water, learn to live with
the drought tolerant stuff you would call seeds. Most of the grass we
grow here, even with chemicals and a **** load of water, would be a
weed in your yard.
The most popular turf for people who want to see a lush lawn (Floratam
aka St Augustine grass) also requires lots of chemicals because we
have bugs that love it. I will stick with the stuff that will grow
naturally. It never seemed right to pump my drinking water out on the
lawn when the static water level in the aquifers is dropping a foot or
two a year. I am down 80 feet and I expect to be sucking air before
summer. It was artesian when I moved here 35 years ago.

City water? Sure if a penny a gallon is OK with you for a lawn.
That sticker shock has grabbed more than one northerner the first time
they get their bill.

wrote:

[...]

Tall fescue likes an inch a week also. I had St. Augustine when living in Tampa.
Chinch bugs, I think, were the big problem. Had to kill those buggers or have a
lawn of sand.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

You also have mole crickets and another bug I can't think of along
with a fungus and some other disease. I wouldn't have that stuff. I
would rather have my weeds. The yard is white in the winter and green
all summer, just like Tim's .

wrote:

[...]

We use recycled water for lawns. It's pretty expensive but if we don't
water we get warnings from the HOA.

--
Pity Fat Harry. His ability to produce rational thought on his own, no
longer exists, if it ever did at all.

wrote:

[...]

We are lucky. Living within a couple miles of the Potomac makes water fairly
cheap. I have a sprinkler system that I put in a few years ago. It adds a bit to
the water bill, but I like having the nicest lawn in the neighborhood. It's a
pride thing.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!