Default Yo Tim!

John wrote:
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:16:08 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Its Me wrote:
On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 8:07:36 AM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 01:48:29 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:34:59 -0400, John wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:33:44 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:08:55 -0400, John wrote:

Keep some of the damn rain on your side of the Appalachians!
"April showers bring May flowers" was written in DC. ;-)

Don't need the damn flowers. I've had to mow the damn grass twice already.

I cut mine the other day too. This is our dry season tho. In a month
or so the rain will start and cutting the grass is an every 6 or 7 day
thing. Fanatics cut it twice a week.

This time of year it will get cut almost twice a week.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Our grass is just starting to green up. It goes to sleep over the
winter, and needs some pretty warm weather to wake back up.

My mow and blow guys cur the lawn nearly every week year long.

They do that around here also, whether the grass needs cutting or not. During
the hot months the grass grows very little. But those guys get paid for cutting,
so they cut.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

We get snow here maybe every 20 years. The higher hills in the area,
yearly. But they are 2000-3000’. My plum tree is leafed out, and maybe
still 2 bunches of flowers. Apple and peach and apricot still have some
flowers. Roses are blooming. They never really went super dormant this
winter. And the lawn during mid winter probably needs cutting twice a
month, but they take care of the leaves.

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 19:00:50 -0400, John wrote:

On Thu, 26 Mar 2020 18:45:55 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

On Wed, 25 Mar 2020 13:08:55 -0400, John wrote:

Keep some of the damn rain on your side of the Appalachians!
"April showers bring May flowers" was written in DC. ;-)

Don't need the damn flowers. I've had to mow the damn grass twice already.

I cut mine the other day too. This is our dry season tho. In a month
or so the rain will start and cutting the grass is an every 6 or 7 day
thing. Fanatics cut it twice a week.

This time of year it will get cut almost twice a week.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Our grass is just starting to green up. It goes to sleep over the winter, and needs some pretty warm weather to wake back up.

Around here a natural lawn will be "ground cover" (pusley and other
drought proof weeds) from December to about May. Then it starts
raining and the grass comes up. The Bermudas and Bahia will just be
sleeping all winter.

I don't do weeds.

I don't do chemicals and sprinkler systems so I get weeds. The stuff
we call grass here, you would call a weed.
I always tell people, if you want that lush lawn, you should have
stopped in the Carolinas somewhere.

wrote:

[...]

Bermuda grass is a plague here is some places. My grandfather build a
sort of Fresno Scraper to cut and uproot the Bermuda grass on the farm.
Lawn was all BG. Hated cutting that huge amount of BG. No riding mower,
but a reel mower he added an electric motor too. Had to shake my head when
I was reading the farm magazine as a kid and they were touting an improved
Bermuda grass.