Default My hope

Being retired and in self-imposed quasi-quarantine
(limiting unnecessary contact with others) gives
people like myself more time than normal to follow
the antics of our political leadership.

I just hope that when November rolls around those
who haven't had the opportunity to digest the
details of activities in Wash DC still realize
that what is happening right now is the result
of *two* people and two people only.

They a

The wicked witch of the West ... Nancy Pelosi, Speaker
of the House and:

Her sidekick and comrade in arms, Chuck Schumer,
minority leader in the Senate.

The rest of our Democrat representatives and
Senators don't count other than for their votes.
They are simply lemmings, following the orders
of Pelosi and Schumer.

Friday: Schumer says "good progress is being made"
and "we are very close to an agreement."

Sunday (early and before procedural vote):
Pelosi announces that House will submit their own,
revised stimulus bill next week.

Schumer changes his tune and starts yaking that
there are major problems with
the Senate bill that apparently didn't exist on Friday.
Only change is he talked to or listened to the wicked
witch of the West.

Result: Procedural vote for closure fails Sunday night.

Back to square one while the US economy tanks and we
face a severe recession or worse.

Many economic experts have been saying that a vote
on Monday may have been too late as it was.

My hope: The public remembers this in November.

https://www.avg.com

On 3/23/2020 8:15 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

Being retired and in self-imposed quasi-quarantine
(limiting unnecessary contact with others) gives
people like myself more time than normal to follow
the antics of our political leadership.

I just hope that when November rolls around those
who haven't had the opportunity to digest the
details of activities in Wash DC still realize
that what is happening right now is the result
of *two* people and two people only.

They a

The wicked witch of the West ... Nancy Pelosi, Speaker
of the House and:

Her sidekick and comrade in arms, Chuck Schumer,
minority leader in the Senate.

The rest of our Democrat representatives and
Senators don't count other than for their votes.
They are simply lemmings, following the orders
of Pelosi and Schumer.

Friday:Â* Schumer says "good progress is being made"
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* and "we are very close to an agreement."

Sunday (early and before procedural vote):
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Pelosi announces that House will submit their own,
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* revised stimulus bill next week.

Schumer changes his tune and starts yaking that
there are major problems with
the Senate bill that apparently didn't exist on Friday.
Only change is he talked to or listened to the wicked
witch of the West.

Result:Â* Procedural vote for closure fails Sunday night.

Back to square one while the US economy tanks and we
face a severe recession or worse.

Many economic experts have been saying that a vote
on Monday may have been too late as it was.

My hope:Â* The public remembers this in November.

Saw Senator Chris Coons (D- Delaware) being interviewed this
morning.

He went out of his way to make it clear that the
work group he participated in in the Senate negotiations
successfully came to a bipartisan agreement on their
assigned issues.

In other words - "voters ... don't blame me ... it ain't my fault"

But then he started reciting the Schumer approved talking
points as to why the procedural vote failed.

Low lifes.

https://www.avg.com

On 3/23/20 8:25 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* and "we are very close to an agreement."

Sunday (early and before procedural vote):
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Pelosi announces that House will submit their own,
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* revised stimulus bill next week.

Schumer changes his tune and starts yaking that
there are major problems with
the Senate bill that apparently didn't exist on Friday.
Only change is he talked to or listened to the wicked
witch of the West.

Result:Â* Procedural vote for closure fails Sunday night.

Back to square one while the US economy tanks and we
face a severe recession or worse.

Many economic experts have been saying that a vote
on Monday may have been too late as it was.

My hope:Â* The public remembers this in November.

SawÂ* Senator Chris Coons (D- Delaware) being interviewed this
morning.

He went out of his way to make it clear that the
work group he participated in in the Senate negotiations
successfully came to a bipartisan agreement on their
assigned issues.

In other words - "voters ... don't blame me ... it ain't my fault"

But then he started reciting the Schumer approved talking
points as to why the procedural vote failed.

Low lifes.

So, what you are saying is "Give the wookie what he wants."

On 3/23/2020 8:27 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

What the wookie wants has been determined by a range of economic
and other experts, including those from the Democrat party.
Senate Republicans made room in the proposed bill to accommodate
many of the Democrat demands and visa-versa. It's called negotiations.

It was going well ... each side giving to accommodate the other
until you know who in the House dropped her little bombshell
Sunday morning.

It all changed after that.

https://www.avg.com

Hope they win big! Poquito Loco General 4 August 11th 16 12:39 PM
The last best hope for... Secular Humorist General 10 September 6th 10 09:07 AM
There is hope N.L. Eckert[_2_] General 3 July 31st 10 04:21 PM
Some hope for the US after all... Don White General 40 February 2nd 09 01:05 AM
I hope all y'all.... John H.[_3_] General 23 April 12th 08 03:25 AM