Default Congress still dilly-dallies

Senate bill is supposed to be voted on tomorrow (Monday)
but now some Democrat senators are balking on what has
been negotiated and want to see what Nancy Pelosi and
the House have in their revised bill. Pelosi just
mentioned that they have some new items as well.

This could go on and on while Washington DC burns taking
the nation with it.

Meanwhile, just heard a Doctor interviewed on FoxNews who
says it's gone too far already. He predicts millions of
confirmed cases before this is over with 100's of thousands
of deaths.

The reason the doc gives is not things like lack of test kits.

It's because too many of our population are not taking the
warnings and recommendations of the medical and scientific
communities seriously and continue to ignore the basic
safety precautions like maintaining space between people.

I believe it. Gov of Michigan was also interviewed.
She has issued some group limits (50 - which is way
too many now). But she exempted attendance at church
services, claiming she's "concerned" about the separation
of church and state in her decision.

Get real lady.

https://www.avg.com

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 15:19:41 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

She obviously wanted to do little more than demean Trump.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

At least the Miami mayor is doing something.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/cor...241408461.html

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 21:52:31 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

There are about 100,000 spring breakers here with return tickets 8-10
days from when they arrived. They are going to gather and party
somewhere. It is the price we pay for being a free society.
Is it a good idea, hell no, but these are the people eating Tide Pods
and stuffing cinnamon in their mouth till they puke.

OTOH closing the ramps takes away one of the safest outdoor
activities, boating and fishing for couples and small parties.

On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 3:19:54 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

Access to many of the beaches in SC have been shut down. Roadblocks are in place, and you don't get there unless you are a resident. Spring break should have been shut down, but wasn't quickly enough in my opinion.

My wife made a grocery run this morning, but they were sold out of a few of the things on the list. I'll go out tomorrow and hit a couple of places and should be able to score the stuff we need.

The Dems are looking like real assholes in this response.

On 3/22/2020 3:35 PM, Its Me wrote:
[...]

I am sure they figure they get priority in terms of test kits and
respirators. Special, you know?

https://www.avg.com

On 3/22/20 3:46 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/22/2020 3:35 PM, Its Me wrote:
On Sunday, March 22, 2020 at 3:19:54 PM UTC-4, Mr. Luddite wrote:
Senate bill is supposed to be voted on tomorrow (Monday)
but now some Democrat senators are balking on what has
been negotiated and want to see what Nancy Pelosi and
the House have in their revised bill.Â* Pelosi just
mentioned that they have some new items as well.

This could go on and on while Washington DC burns taking
the nation with it.

Meanwhile, just heard a Doctor interviewed on FoxNews who
says it's gone too far already.Â* He predicts millions of
confirmed cases before this is over with 100's of thousands
of deaths.

The reason the doc gives is not things like lack of test kits.

It's because too many of our population are not taking the
warnings and recommendations of the medical and scientific
communities seriously and continue to ignore the basic
safety precautions like maintaining space between people.

I believe it.Â* Gov of Michigan was also interviewed.
She has issued some group limits (50 - which is way
too many now).Â* But she exempted attendance at church
services, claiming she's "concerned" about the separation
of church and state in her decision.

Get real lady.

Access to many of the beaches in SC have been shut down.Â* Roadblocks
are in place, and you don't get there unless you are a resident.
Spring break should have been shut down, but wasn't quickly enough in
my opinion.

My wife made a grocery run this morning, but they were sold out of a
few of the things on the list.Â* I'll go out tomorrow and hit a couple
of places and should be able to score the stuff we need.

The Dems are looking like real assholes in this response.

I am sure they figure they get priority in terms of test kits and
respirators.Â* Special, you know?

The Dems are trying to make sure those who need financial hope the most
get it, and I sure hope they have rules to prevent corporations from
engaging in stock buybacks and exex bonuses, et cetera.

On 3/22/2020 4:34 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
[...]

It has been clearly stipulated by Trump that he will not sign a
bill that allocates money for stock buybacks and/or executive bonuses.

Thought I'd advise you ahead of time before you start spreading
Fake News to the contrary.

https://www.avg.com

On 3/22/20 4:40 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

That doesn't mean the corporations won't do it. There are many ways to
skin that particular cat.

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 16:34:03 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

[...]

Actually Trump said that today. He said he didn't want to see buy
backs and bonuses. I think we all agree about that.

Funny, but when he was in Congress... F.O.A.D. General 15 August 19th 13 12:21 AM
Why is Congress Mourning 9/11 on 9/9? Vic Smith General 3 September 9th 09 09:15 PM
Most corrupt congress... [email protected] General 4 January 12th 09 10:24 PM
Congress Thom Stewart ASA 0 January 2nd 07 05:28 PM
Immigration & Congress. [email protected] General 1 July 26th 06 10:46 PM