Default Wow...serious impacts...

Several buddies have communicated their employers have okayed "work from
home" suggestions in order to avoid crowds, mass transit, et cetera.

The only thing in my memory that sounds a bit like this was when I was a
small kid and the polio vaccine hadn't been introduced...no one, and I
mean no one, went to the city's various swimming pools.

I wonder how long this corona mess is going to impacting us...

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
Several buddies have communicated their employers have okayed "work from home" suggestions in order to avoid crowds, mass transit, et cetera.The only thing in my memory that sounds a bit like this was when I was a small kid and the polio vaccine hadn't been introduced...no one, and I mean no one, went to the city's various swimming pools.I wonder how long this corona mess is going to impacting us...

Out of curiosity, how old are your buddies average age?
--
..

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Tue, 10 Mar 2020 12:17:45 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

I wonder how long this corona mess is going to impacting us...

===

Probably one or two years based on past epidemics.

BTW, one of the early symptoms is faulty grammar and/or sentence
construction.

https://www.avg.com

On Tuesday, March 10, 2020 at 1:16:56 PM UTC-4, Justan Ohlphart wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
Several buddies have communicated their employers have okayed "work from home" suggestions in order to avoid crowds, mass transit, et cetera.The only thing in my memory that sounds a bit like this was when I was a small kid and the polio vaccine hadn't been introduced...no one, and I mean no one, went to the city's various swimming pools.I wonder how long this corona mess is going to impacting us...

Out of curiosity, how old are your buddies average age?

Wow, did harry just crawl out of his basement? This has been going on for a couple of weeks. He must have finally glanced away from his anti-Trump fake news feed.

On 3/10/2020 12:17 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:

Several buddies have communicated their employers have okayed "work from
home" suggestions in order to avoid crowds, mass transit, et cetera.

The only thing in my memory that sounds a bit like this was when I was a
small kid and the polio vaccine hadn't been introduced...no one, and I
mean no one, went to the city's various swimming pools.

I wonder how long this corona mess is going to impacting us...

My mother contacted polio a couple of months after I was born.
She was hospitalized and for a while was almost completely paralyzed.

She recovered eventually but was afflicted by weak muscles in one
leg for the rest of her life. Any amount of over-exercise, walking
too much or whatever caused her problems.

I have a vague memory of the family doctor being summoned to see me
because I became sick with something and developed a stiff neck. In
those days family doctors made house calls with their little black
medical bags.

At the time a stiff neck and inability to touch your chin to your
chest was one of the symptoms of polio. I was fine but it scared
my parents. Must have been when I was about 3 or 4 years old just
before the polio vaccine was approved for use in 1955.

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

Several buddies have communicated their employers have okayed "work from
home" suggestions in order to avoid crowds, mass transit, et cetera.

The only thing in my memory that sounds a bit like this was when I was a
small kid and the polio vaccine hadn't been introduced...no one, and I
mean no one, went to the city's various swimming pools.

I wonder how long this corona mess is going to impacting us...

I predict until Nov 4th.

On 3/10/20 1:16 PM, Justan Ohlphart wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
Several buddies have communicated their employers have okayed "work from home" suggestions in order to avoid crowds, mass transit, et cetera.The only thing in my memory that sounds a bit like this was when I was a small kid and the polio vaccine hadn't been introduced...no one, and I mean no one, went to the city's various swimming pools.I wonder how long this corona mess is going to impacting us...

Out of curiosity, how old are your buddies average age?

Dunno, never bothered to add up their ages and divide. I have close
friends ranging in age from mid 30s to 89 or 90, but a majority are
around my age.

On 3/10/20 1:43 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/10/2020 12:17 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:

Several buddies have communicated their employers have okayed "work
from home" suggestions in order to avoid crowds, mass transit, et cetera.

The only thing in my memory that sounds a bit like this was when I was
a small kid and the polio vaccine hadn't been introduced...no one, and
I mean no one, went to the city's various swimming pools.

I wonder how long this corona mess is going to impacting us...

My mother contacted polio a couple of months after I was born.
She was hospitalized and for a while was almost completely paralyzed.

She recovered eventually but was afflicted by weak muscles in one
leg for the rest of her life.Â* Any amount of over-exercise, walking
too much or whatever caused her problems.

I have a vague memory of the family doctor being summoned to see me
because I became sick with something and developed a stiff neck.Â* In
those days family doctors made house calls with their little black
medical bags.

At the time a stiff neck and inability to touch your chin to your
chest was one of the symptoms of polio.Â* I was fine but it scared
my parents.Â* Must have been when I was about 3 or 4 years old just
before the polio vaccine was approved for use in 1955.

We had one guy in my junior and senior high school classes who
contracted polio and had to wear a leg brace. Great guy, really smart, too.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

They use to sell polio insurance. I remember the signs as a kid going to
Clear Lake. We had a neighbor in the next block who was in an Iron Lung.
I remember visiting, but was probably only 5 or 6. Never knew what
happened to her. We were early in he Salk vaccine distribution. I think
the first round was injection, and the 2nd was sugar cubes. Mom was an RN,
so most likely was kept in the loop early.