Default Given these statistics...

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 13:02:23 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 3/6/20 11:22 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/6/2020 10:52 AM, wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 08:37:42 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/6/2020 8:20 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/6/20 8:17 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/6/2020 8:09 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/6/20 8:00 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/6/2020 7:57 AM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 3/6/20 5:51 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/5/2020 8:02 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 17:43:27 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/5/2020 5:04 PM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
...why is the news making the big deal over the corona virus.
Could it possibly be just another way
to jump on Trump?

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an
estimated 45 million influenza
illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits,
810,000 influenza-related
hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Notice, 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. And yet almost
nothing was ever mentioned about it.

Weird.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

https://funkyimg.com/i/32RzW.jpg

The NBC news was downright schizophrenic tonight.
They jumped back and forth between "scare you to death"
stories and
the guy in Illinois who was an old fat guy saying "it was no
worse
than having the flu for me. I just had some minor upper
respiratory
problems". Then they went back to scary.
Then they beat up Trump for saying pretty much what they admitted
was
true (80% get better with minimal treatment)
He said "some of them go to work" and he got beat up by that but
it is
still a fact. He didn't say they should go to work but I
suppose he
recognizes the reality that a lot of people don't get paid if
they
don't show up.
Then their in house quack Dr. John Torres came on and said "we
have
been hearing about the 1000s of people self quarantined but
most of
that is unnecessary".
They were snapping back and forth so much I got neck strain.

Then they switched to Schumer saying "in no way was I making a
threat
a threat".
Then they played the clip. It sure sounded like a threat to me.
Bear in mind, he said this on the steps of the court.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/schumer%20threat%20SCOTUS.mp3

Trump was simply saying that some people may go to work *not
knowing* that they carried the coronvirus because they had
no or minimal symptoms.

The left twists that into "Trump says you can go to work
with the virus".

Another apology for Trump. Priceless.

Not an apology .... simply the truth.

Spinmeisters like you just can't handle the truth.

You think the media is overcompensating to make up for the bull****
Trump is spewing?

I think you swallow hook, line and sinker the bull**** the lefty
media and your party members are spewing.

Actually, no...I read or see Trump's comments corona and watch the
hole he is digging for himself. He comes across like the ignorant moron
he is.

If he took advice and had someone to advise him, the advice would be to
STOP talking about corona virus and let a scientist-doctor
spokesperson,
not Pence, do the briefings.

Over the past few days I've spent some time following Trump's public
statements including the Town Hall he conducted last night.

He isn't claiming to have the answers regarding the coronavirus thing.
He has offered his personal thoughts (as anyone is entitled to do)
but also acknowledges that he's not an expert and relies on the
team of doctors and scientists that advise him.

As the Chief Executive a POTUS has a responsibility to push back on
rumors .... or outright lies ... that political adversaries
and media outlets report to generate unsubstantiatedÂ* fear.
Every POTUS going back to FDR has done so.

At the Town Hall last night he was asked why he goes into
"attack mode" when *he* is attacked by his political adversaries.
It's just his nature.Â* He explained that if he just ignored or
let them pass without comment, the bull**** they spew would
become the "truth" and his ability to govern and get things
accomplished would be greatly diminished.

He's doing his job.Â* He just doesn't do it in a manner that
is acceptable to you or in a way you can understand.

Imagine if Trump had said something as ridiculous as "You have nothing
to fear but fear itself" going into a 6-7 year depression.
We had plenty to fear and the cure (WWII) was worse than the disease.
Yet we still rate that as FDRs finest hour.Â* Bull**** at its best.

But FDR was a Democrat, so it's ok.

Fretwell, obvious from his posts over the years, would have preferred
the NAZIs took over Europe and killed all the Jews.

I have never said anything close to that but you love to bring up the
nazis at any opportunity.

wrote:

[...]

What a stupid statement. More like, hey should have given a homeland to
the Jews in Europe. Europe was the cause of the problem, they were
Europeans, Middle East was just a bunch of Rag Heads to the Europeans.

Nobody has ever explained why we didn't simply carve a homeland out of
the conquered territory in Europe for those Europeans. Perhaps it was
because the rest of Europe was as antisemitic as the Germans. They
assumed they could always **** the brown people tho. Colonial thinking
was still in full force.

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 10:39:25 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

On Friday, March 6, 2020 at 1:35:31 PM UTC-5, Justan Ohlphart wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 3/6/20 11:12 AM, Bill wrote: Keyser Soze wrote: On 3/6/20 8:17 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote: On 3/6/2020 8:09 AM, Keyser Soze wrote: On 3/6/20 8:00 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote: On 3/6/2020 7:57 AM, Keyser Soze wrote: On 3/6/20 5:51 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote: On 3/5/2020 8:02 PM, wrote: On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 17:43:27 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote: On 3/5/2020 5:04 PM, Adorable Deplorable wrote: ...why is the news making the big deal over the corona virus. Could it possibly be just another way to jump on Trump? The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.

[...]
Priceless. Not an apology .... simply the truth. Spinmeisters like you just can't handle the truth. You think the media is overcompensating to make up for the bull**** Trump is spewing? I think you swallow hook, line and sinker the bull**** the lefty media and your party members are spewing. Actually, no...I read or see Trump's comments corona and watch the hole he is digging for himself. He comes across like the ignorant moron he is. If he took advice and had someone to advise him, the advice would be to STOP talking about corona virus and let a scientist-doctor spokesperson, not Pence, do the briefings. You read his comments from a biased source. Who most likely cut and paste like you do. Leave out a few words. No, Bilious...I see Trump speaking the words or I read transcripts.

Problem is your reader works fine but your comprehender doesn't
function normally.

Funny. He used to say that he didn't watch Trump on TV or listen to his speeches. Now he watches or reads the transcripts.

Uh-huh.

No he just reads the excerpts Rachel and Larry spoon feed him.

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 16:12:52 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 22:47:46 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
...why is the news making the big deal over the corona virus. Could it
possibly be just another way
to jump on Trump?

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated
45 million influenza
illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related
hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Notice, 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. And yet almost nothing was
ever mentioned about it.

Weird.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

The cost of treating a Coronavirus is giant steps above flu treatment.

When 61,000 people died from the flu, that seems like a meaningless
statement, over 800,000
hospitalizations couldn't have been very cheap.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

The cost per patient is lots higher. I think they intubation the
coronavirus people. It is a version of SARS.

It really depends on the patient. Supplemental oxygen is used in severe
cases, but most are not
severe. The younger the patient the less severe the symptoms.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Also the isolation costs.

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
[...]

The cheap way is to isolate them at home, which is being done now in many cases.

Or, put 'em on a cruise ship to the Bahamas!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Some interesting statistics John H.[_5_] General 3 July 22nd 12 08:09 PM
Statistics [email protected] ASA 1 August 19th 07 09:00 AM
A truly frightening set of statistics Flying Tadpole ASA 19 August 9th 04 04:47 AM
Boating statistics C. Nelson General 1 April 4th 04 06:03 AM