Default Given these statistics...

....why is the news making the big deal over the corona virus. Could it possibly be just another way
to jump on Trump?

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza
illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related
hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Notice, 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. And yet almost nothing was ever mentioned about it.

Weird.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

https://funkyimg.com/i/32RzW.jpg

https://www.avg.com

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
...why is the news making the big deal over the corona virus. Could it
possibly be just another way
to jump on Trump?

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated
45 million influenza
illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related
hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Notice, 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. And yet almost nothing was
ever mentioned about it.

Weird.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

The cost of treating a Coronavirus is giant steps above flu treatment.

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 17:43:27 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 3/5/2020 5:04 PM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
...why is the news making the big deal over the corona virus. Could it possibly be just another way
to jump on Trump?

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza
illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related
hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Notice, 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. And yet almost nothing was ever mentioned about it.

Weird.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

https://funkyimg.com/i/32RzW.jpg

The NBC news was downright schizophrenic tonight.
They jumped back and forth between "scare you to death" stories and
the guy in Illinois who was an old fat guy saying "it was no worse
than having the flu for me. I just had some minor upper respiratory
problems". Then they went back to scary.
Then they beat up Trump for saying pretty much what they admitted was
true (80% get better with minimal treatment)
He said "some of them go to work" and he got beat up by that but it is
still a fact. He didn't say they should go to work but I suppose he
recognizes the reality that a lot of people don't get paid if they
don't show up.
Then their in house quack Dr. John Torres came on and said "we have
been hearing about the 1000s of people self quarantined but most of
that is unnecessary".
They were snapping back and forth so much I got neck strain.

Then they switched to Schumer saying "in no way was I making a threat
a threat".
Then they played the clip. It sure sounded like a threat to me.
Bear in mind, he said this on the steps of the court.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/schumer%20threat%20SCOTUS.mp3

wrote:

[...]

Trump was simply saying that some people may go to work *not
knowing* that they carried the coronvirus because they had
no or minimal symptoms.

The left twists that into "Trump says you can go to work
with the virus".

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

Another apology for Trump. Priceless.

wrote:

[...]

Not an apology .... simply the truth.

Spinmeisters like you just can't handle the truth.

https://www.avg.com

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 17:43:27 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/5/2020 5:04 PM, Adorable Deplorable wrote:
...why is the news making the big deal over the corona virus. Could it possibly be just another way
to jump on Trump?

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza
illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related
hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Notice, 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. And yet almost nothing was ever mentioned about it.

Weird.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

https://funkyimg.com/i/32RzW.jpg

Exactly!
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

wrote:

[...]

You think the media is overcompensating to make up for the bull****
Trump is spewing?

On Thu, 5 Mar 2020 22:47:46 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

Adorable Deplorable wrote:
...why is the news making the big deal over the corona virus. Could it
possibly be just another way
to jump on Trump?

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated
45 million influenza
illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related
hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

Notice, 61,000 influenza-associated deaths. And yet almost nothing was
ever mentioned about it.

Weird.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

The cost of treating a Coronavirus is giant steps above flu treatment.

When 61,000 people died from the flu, that seems like a meaningless statement, over 800,000
hospitalizations couldn't have been very cheap.
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Some interesting statistics John H.[_5_] General 3 July 22nd 12 08:09 PM
Statistics [email protected] ASA 1 August 19th 07 09:00 AM
A truly frightening set of statistics Flying Tadpole ASA 19 August 9th 04 04:47 AM
Boating statistics C. Nelson General 1 April 4th 04 06:03 AM