Flying Tadpole

Default A truly frightening set of statistics

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ling.asa/about

Doom, gloom, doom.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
katysails

o do you want those of us on the list to apologize? 1996...I think that's
the year I started to post here....If those figures were based on my att.net
addy, then what about my aol postings and leapfrog mailings? They would
have to be added on so I'm sure I/m higher in the overalls....and I'm really
surprised Neal's not in the altogether list...and surprised that Mooron, in
his shorter span here, has managed to catch up with oldies....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Flying Tadpole

katysails wrote:

o do you want those of us on the list to apologize? 1996...I think that's
the year I started to post here....If those figures were based on my att.net
addy, then what about my aol postings and leapfrog mailings? They would
have to be added on so I'm sure I/m higher in the overalls....and I'm really
surprised Neal's not in the altogether list...and surprised that Mooron, in
his shorter span here, has managed to catch up with oldies....

One might talk of quantity vs quality, but note who the leader is
and who else brackets you (must be off his meds gain?)

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Oh Honey, I gotta go south, now...
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpole
Flying Tadpole

wrote:

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 16:11:06 +0930, Flying Tadpole
wrote:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ling.asa/about

Doom, gloom, doom.

And not remotely close to accurate.

The figures from the years I know tally with a set I dredged up
a long time ago. But I would agree, the 10-100 members is way on
the low side if one considers the number of lurkers subscribing
to the ng. I think the estimated membership is a wild guess on
the basis of the individuals posting in some (short) arbitrary
period.

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Oh Honey, I gotta go south, now...
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpolemusic.htm
-------------------------
Henpecked? Harrassed? Harangued? Join the chorus:
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com
Flying Tadpole

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 23:59:43 +0930, Flying Tadpole

wrote:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ling.asa/about

Doom, gloom, doom.

And not remotely close to accurate.

The figures from the years I know tally with a set I dredged up
a long time ago. But I would agree, the 10-100 members is way on
the low side if one considers the number of lurkers subscribing
to the ng. I think the estimated membership is a wild guess on
the basis of the individuals posting in some (short) arbitrary
period.

Not to mention that the google figures completely miss all posts with
the "x-noarchive" bit set. 8^)

BB

You're complaining that Oz1s posts shouldn't be missed?? :|
--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Oh Honey, I gotta go south, now...
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpolemusic.htm

Capt. Mooron

"katysails" wrote in message
....and surprised that Mooron, in
| his shorter span here, has managed to catch up with oldies....

Some of us are just quicker studies... ;-)

Absolulutly great times sailing the last few days.!!!!

Hot weather, great winds and the boat is operating flawlessly!!

What a total blast!!!

Wooooooooooooo Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!

CM

Capt. Mooron

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
| One might talk of quantity vs quality,

Why thank you Taddy......

BTW - the Mahone Bay Wooden Boat Festival was a complete and utter blur...
minus the semi sober sailing sojourns. I'm certain I had a very good time
and assume I didn't vex anyone overly much due to the unusual lack of visits
from the local constabulatory regarding the misbehavior of my crew.
I did not get any photos.... :-(

CM

katysails

Whoops...Neal is there...I forgot about his Pieman moniker....Can't believe
MC in second place though...he's had two other names, too so there's really
more of him than what appears there....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

---

Maxprop

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

Some of us are just quicker studies... ;-)

Absolulutly great times sailing the last few days.!!!!

Hot weather, great winds and the boat is operating flawlessly!!

What a total blast!!!

Wooooooooooooo Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!

CM

Is it just me, or is CM beginning to sound a bit like Bubbles?

Max

JAXAshby

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

Some of us are just quicker studies... ;-)

Absolulutly great times sailing the last few days.!!!!

Hot weather, great winds and the boat is operating flawlessly!!

What a total blast!!!

Wooooooooooooo Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!

CM

Is it just me, or is CM beginning to sound a bit like Bubbles?

moron sees different color elephants some days compared to other days.

Max

PFD Statistics and Mandatory-Wear requirment proposal Mike McCrea Touring 44 April 8th 04 06:19 PM
PFD Statistics and Mandatory-Wear requirment proposal Mike McCrea General 32 April 8th 04 04:19 PM
Boating statistics C. Nelson General 1 April 4th 04 06:03 AM
Asatru resources Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 03:31 PM