Default Media Hysteria

Keyser Soze wrote:
Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
On 2/25/20 11:42 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 08:02:58 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Confucius didn't say; If at first the democrats plans don't work,
keep repeatng the same mistakes till they do.

You're right, dumb****. Confucius didn't say that or anything like it.

You must have been locked in the basement when the "Confucius say"
jokes were going around. Lighten up Francis.

The "Confucius Say" jokes weren't a "thing" in my crowd growing up,
they were offensive, and they weren't culturally relevant. We had a
substantial number of Asians in New Haven when I lived there, and those
sorts of jokes would have been as frowned upon as jokes about blacks,
Latinos, Jews, Hungarians, Polish folks, et cetera. I never lived in a
mostly WASP neighborhood or attended a mostly "white American" public
school.

The most offensive gag I remember is a sight gag that Sam Bender, the
super basketball coach at our high school, had posted on the door jamb
that led to his office. It was pasted on at the 6'6" measure and said,
"If you ain't this tall, you can't play on the team." Some short people
took offense, but Bender was only 5'5" and it was a joke.

Bender might have been the greatest high school basketball coach of his era:

https://is.gd/n61xE5

Heck, my best friend growing up was 2nd generation Chinese. Lots of Asians
in my area, and even they laughed at Confucius jokes. They even laughed at
Charlie Chan movies, and he was white.

Your anecdote is like mine another anecdote

But mine is true. Not a lot of racism in my area. Yes, it was there, but
not like Maryland and the Northeast. I saw more racism in the Northeast in
my travels, than I saw in Mississippi when I was stationed there. We had a
mixed race high school. Asians, whites, Hispanic, black. My class even
had a black president one semester. We had good athletes both white and
black. Couple of the blacks in my years were really good. Couple white
guys also. Cornell Green was in school when I was there. Only Green
brother not athletic was the one in my class. Good guy, just not athletic.
Cornell’s older Brother was Pumpsie Green. Who you should have seen if
going to Red Sox games.

On 2/26/20 12:38 PM, Bill wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Bill wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Too funny. None of the kids in my crowd had racist things to say while
the other kids were around.

I went to some Red Sox games, not many, but the only player I recall was
Ted Williams.

Went to lots of Dodgers games, some Yankee games, a few Giants games.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 19:34:27 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 2/25/2020 7:31 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 23:45:38 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Harry still tries to take his moral outrage from the 70s and 80s back
to the 50s and make us believe it. I'm sure he thought the Lone Ranger
and the Cisco Kid was racist too.

Harry is full of ****.

Ah, finally!
--