Default Media Hysteria

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 13:06:07 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

The "Confucius Say" jokes weren't a "thing" in my crowd growing up,
they were offensive, and they weren't culturally relevant

Interesting you are using politically correct 70s and 80 words to
describe something that went on in the 50s an early sixties. I call
bull****. You are not the only person I know from New Haven.

wrote:

The "Confucius Say" jokes weren't a "thing" in my crowd growing up,
they were offensive, and they weren't culturally relevant

Interesting you are using politically correct 70s and 80 words to
describe something that went on in the 50s an early sixties. I call
bull****. You are not the only person I know from New Haven.

That you know someone from New Haven doesn’t mean he or she was someone I
knew or who hung out with my circle of friends or friends of friends. We
were a diverse group. The president of my senior high school class was a
black guy. Lots of us dated multiracially. Two of my closest friends were
immigrants, one from Hungary and the other from Cuba.

Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

The "Confucius Say" jokes weren't a "thing" in my crowd growing up,
they were offensive, and they weren't culturally relevant

Interesting you are using politically correct 70s and 80 words to
describe something that went on in the 50s an early sixties. I call
bull****. You are not the only person I know from New Haven.

That you know someone from New Haven doesn’t mean he or she was someone I
knew or who hung out with my circle of friends or friends of friends. We
were a diverse group. The president of my senior high school class was a
black guy. Lots of us dated multiracially. Two of my closest friends were
immigrants, one from Hungary and the other from Cuba.

And a friend of mine I used to work with was quarter chinese. His name was Martin Shang Tao. Yeah, funny set up. His dad was half English/Mandarin Chinese and barely got out before the Maoists took over. Marty was the king of Confucius jokes. "Confucius say man who fly upside down have crack up. LOL!"

Yeah Harry, you and yours would be the first to call him a racist. He in turn would laugh you off for your ill-tempered ignorance and keep going.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 2/25/20 11:42 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 08:02:58 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

Confucius didn't say; If at first the democrats plans don't work,
keep repeatng the same mistakes till they do.

You're right, dumb****. Confucius didn't say that or anything like it.

You must have been locked in the basement when the "Confucius say"
jokes were going around. Lighten up Francis.

The "Confucius Say" jokes weren't a "thing" in my crowd growing up,
they were offensive, and they weren't culturally relevant. We had a
substantial number of Asians in New Haven when I lived there, and those
sorts of jokes would have been as frowned upon as jokes about blacks,
Latinos, Jews, Hungarians, Polish folks, et cetera. I never lived in a
mostly WASP neighborhood or attended a mostly "white American" public
school.

The most offensive gag I remember is a sight gag that Sam Bender, the
super basketball coach at our high school, had posted on the door jamb
that led to his office. It was pasted on at the 6'6" measure and said,
"If you ain't this tall, you can't play on the team." Some short people
took offense, but Bender was only 5'5" and it was a joke.

Bender might have been the greatest high school basketball coach of his era:

https://is.gd/n61xE5

Heck, my best friend growing up was 2nd generation Chinese. Lots of Asians
in my area, and even they laughed at Confucius jokes. They even laughed at
Charlie Chan movies, and he was white.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 23:45:38 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Harry still tries to take his moral outrage from the 70s and 80s back
to the 50s and make us believe it. I'm sure he thought the Lone Ranger
and the Cisco Kid was racist too.

wrote:

The "Confucius Say" jokes weren't a "thing" in my crowd growing up,
they were offensive, and they weren't culturally relevant

Interesting you are using politically correct 70s and 80 words to
describe something that went on in the 50s an early sixties. I call
bull****. You are not the only person I know from New Haven.

That you know someone from New Haven doesn’t mean he or she was someone I
knew or who hung out with my circle of friends or friends of friends. We
were a diverse group. The president of my senior high school class was a
black guy. Lots of us dated multiracially. Two of my closest friends were
immigrants, one from Hungary and the other from Cuba.

Uh Huh.

Harry forgets I attended high school in the New Haven area in the
mid to late 60's.

The students in the school I attended came from a wide range
of backgrounds. Many had upper middle class to "rich" families with a
high percentage of parents being professionals .... doctors, lawyers,
business owners, etc. Not all, of course; the demographics also
included students from families of lessor financial means.

I also had friends and dated girls from surrounding schools and towns,
including New Haven proper. At least two of the girls I dated were
minorities although I didn't realize or even consider that. They were
just attractive with great personalities.

I don't recall *anyone* having PC issues with "Confucius Say" jokes
in those days.

Harry must have "hung out" with a *very* special and unique group,
consistent with everything else he does or has experienced.

That's why I say, "Bull ****".

On 2/25/2020 7:31 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 25 Feb 2020 23:45:38 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

Keyser Soze wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Harry is full of ****.
Tim Tim is offline

Harry still tries to take his moral outrage from the 70s and 80s back
to the 50s and make us believe it. I'm sure he thought the Lone Ranger
and the Cisco Kid was racist too.

—-

Oh probably. Always the moral high ground...