Default Anybody use rubber electrical tape?

On Sunday, February 2, 2020 at 1:43:38 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sun, 02 Feb 2020 12:04:53 -0500, Adorable Deplorable
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Feb 2020 03:00:05 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 1 Feb 2020 10:08:56 -0800 (PST), Its Me
wrote:

On Friday, January 31, 2020 at 8:17:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
This is not your garden variety 3M 33. It is rubber amalgamating tape
used on high voltage splices up to 67kv.
What else is it good for?
I managed to come into 5 cases in an auction thinking I was getting 5
rolls and I have a lifetime supply ... for half of the IBEW. 300
rolls.
Anybody want some? Send me a prepaid shipping label and all you want
is free. 20 rolls is a nice fit in a medium priority flat rate box.
($15). I could put a roll or 2 in a padded envelope.
I trolled out some on Ebay and Craigslist but no bites so far.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/RBsAA...MO/s-l1600.jpg

I'd like some. I'll send you a pre-paid label Monday. What email addy should I use? The AOL one?

I am still testing this but I am trying one roll in a padded envelope
for $2.20. John may say he had postage due tho. Two exceeds what
Homeland will let you put stamps on.
At $2.20 a roll 20-24 for $15.05 sounds like a deal.
I think a $22 large flat rate box holds 42-44 for the power user ;-)

Can't you unbox and put a couple rolls in an envelope?

I wouldn't use 20 rolls of that stuff in 45 years, even if I did live that long!

That is what I am trying with John. Lets see if USPS will let me get
away with it. This stuff is heavy (7oz per roll) and that is the
problem. 2 rolls is over the 1st class mail limit so you are in
priority mail and if you are not in a flat rate box, that weight adds
up fast. I think I am really just looking for commercial users who can
use 24 rolls.

I received my box of tape. Thanks! I'm sharing with some like-minded friends who are pretty inventive and may come up with some alternate uses. I'm going to see how weather resistant it is. I have some landscaping lighting changes to make, and this stuff will likely seal better than 77.