B B is offline

Default Wendy?s ?baconator?

In article ,
says...

I ordered one this evening and honestly? There?s no frills to it. It?s a big 1/2 lb double burger with bacon, some kind of gooie cheese stuff, with some ketchup and a pickle is n a standard generic toasted bun. Kind of flavorless.

Not worth the hype. I can make better at home.

And no, it doesn?t look near like this...

https://photos.prnewswire.com/prnfull/20160805/396024

I order mine without the mayonnaise. Mayonnaise doesn't belong on a
burger. Mayonnaise is ok on a turkey or chicken sammich.

On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 23:08:54 -0500, B wrote:

In article ,
says...

I ordered one this evening and honestly? There?s no frills to it. It?s a big 1/2 lb double burger with bacon, some kind of gooie cheese stuff, with some ketchup and a pickle is n a standard generic toasted bun. Kind of flavorless.

Not worth the hype. I can make better at home.

And no, it doesn?t look near like this...

https://photos.prnewswire.com/prnfull/20160805/396024

I order mine without the mayonnaise. Mayonnaise doesn't belong on a
burger. Mayonnaise is ok on a turkey or chicken sammich.

I think that started out as a Canadian thing but fast food places use
mayo to try to give that dried out little patty a little more taste.

On 2/3/20 11:41 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 3 Feb 2020 23:08:54 -0500, B wrote:

In article ,
says...

I ordered one this evening and honestly? There?s no frills to it. It?s a big 1/2 lb double burger with bacon, some kind of gooie cheese stuff, with some ketchup and a pickle is n a standard generic toasted bun. Kind of flavorless.

Not worth the hype. I can make better at home.

And no, it doesn?t look near like this...

https://photos.prnewswire.com/prnfull/20160805/396024

I order mine without the mayonnaise. Mayonnaise doesn't belong on a
burger. Mayonnaise is ok on a turkey or chicken sammich.

I think that started out as a Canadian thing but fast food places use
mayo to try to give that dried out little patty a little more taste.

Oh, yuck. About the only thing from a fast food joint I can tolerate is
the plain biscuit and egg-no-bacon-no-cheese breakfast sandwich from
McDonald's. I know the egg is precooked and just heated, but it is
edible, and the biscuits aren't bad. The coffee, however, is below
average, always "thinner" in taste than the good brews at WaWa.

Five Guys has a decent burger, but they tend to overcook it. Their fries
are cut from real potatoes, too.

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 09:22:06 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

On 2/3/20 11:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

You reckon your son ever gets a Five Guys burger? How do you judge a real potato versus a fake
potato? Does leaving the skin on make them 'real'?
--

Freedom Isn't Free!

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 2/3/20 11:41 PM, wrote:
[...]

Why spend extra for frys at 5 guys. Peanuts are healthier and taste
better. Tell them to cook you paddy less.

Wendy?s ?baconator? [email protected] General 5 February 4th 20 01:11 PM
Wendy?s ?baconator? Justan Ohlphart[_3_] General 0 February 3rd 20 05:18 PM
A surprise at Wendy's Randy ASA 1 November 18th 07 05:56 PM
US Wendy Lee Narragansett RI a Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 1 September 22nd 07 02:23 PM
US Wendy Lee Narragansett RI b Paul McGrane Tall Ship Photos 1 September 8th 07 11:13 PM