Default Abortions in the cafeteria?

On 10/14/2019 5:08 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 14:59:16 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/14/2019 2:10 PM, John H. wrote:
On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 12:15:41 -0400,
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 06:47:03 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 11:28:14 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Oct 2019 06:56:13 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 21:03:43 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 17:34:04 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 16:52:27 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 15:45:35 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 13:02:35 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 11:35:38 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 10:25:40 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 06:18:36 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 19:49:46 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 19:10:33 -0400, John H.
wrote:

That has nothing to do with the nurse implanting a birth control device in a 16 year old.

===

Let's parse that thought and figure out exactly where you have a
problem.

Is it the lack of parental knowledge/consent?

Is it concern over whether the nurse has been properly trained?

An objection to teenage birth control?

Something else?

My understanding, perhaps incorrect, is that this whole story was
presented as a bit of fake news (including the IUD reference), that
was designed to arouse the passions of all those who would prefer that
teenagers practice abstinence.

I have a problem with a school nurse performing a medical procedure without the parent's consent and
without the medical training and knowledge of the patient to perform the implant.

You question, I suppose, the news source as 'fake news'. Well, do you reckon this is also 'fake
news':
https://www.wmar2news.com/investigat...nts-permission

===

According to the article that you cite, state law allows the procedure
without parental consent. Given the Baltimore inner city venue, it's
probably a good thing. This quote just about says it all: 'I don't
have to talk to you about absolutely nothing.'

Training and qualification is an entirely different issue.

Well hey - if it's a Maryland law, it must be good!

Training and qualification is *the* issue. Why do you say 'entirely different'?

===

I quote from your prior post: "I have a problem with a school nurse
performing a medical procedure without the parent's consent."

So one issue you are concerned with is parental consent. That's
settled law, at least in Maryland.

Now you say that "Training and qualification is *the* issue." Of
course we know nothing of the nurse's training and qualification
except that one of her procedures had a problematic outcome.

My name is not Harry so I'm not going to chase your inconsistent logic
much further. We know that you are opposed to all abortions for moral
and/or religious reasons. That's your priviledge. I also think you
are opposed to teenage birth control for whatever reasons. In my
opinion that is short sighted.

I have no problem with teenage birth control - unless the control is being performed by an
unqualified individual. Yes, you caught me. I should have inserted a comma and the word 'especially'
before 'parental consent'. My bad.

If you go to the Nexplanon site, you will see the phrase 'health care provider' used frequently. To
me, a school nurse does not qualify as 'health care provider'. If you consider the nurse the health
care provider, then why could the nurse not remove the implant? The girl had to go to a real health
care provider - her doctor.

There are plenty of "Health care providers" who are not MDs. That is
why they didn't just say "doctor". Even when they do, these days most
PCPs are really just techs. (PAs)
There may be a real doctor somewhere but it is like those electrical
contractors who live in Ohio all summer and rent their license to a
local company here in Florida.
I haven't ever even met the "doctor" who's name is on the door of the
place UHC sent me to as my PCP (over 2 years ago). Neither has my
wife.

The girl's mother refers to the girl's doctor. 'Doctor', not school nurse. But, I suppose a licensed
doctor could have been hired as a school nurse.

If your primary care provider is not a doctor, I'd be looking for a different plan. I'm sure I'd
have had an aortic aneurysm if my doctor had been a school nurse!

It is not the plan's fault, it is the shortage of PCP doctors. They
all lean on techs to do most of the work.

BTW I bet this kid's "Doctor" was the attending at the ER.

No, they don't all lean on techs. My PCP calls the tech for an EKG, blood pressure, weight, and
temperature. He does all the hands-on (or -in) stuff himself.

Don't know where the ER bit came from.

The "ER bit" was just a guess based on the high school the kid goes to
and the demographics they publish.
https://www.baltimorecityschools.org/schools/416
(For example, less that 10% of the parents even responded to the
survey they sent out)
Other sources are not as kind.
https://www.greatschools.org/marylan...r-High-School/

I do find it interesting that when you start looking for more
information on this you keep getting exactly the same article posted
as the WMAR one from a dozen different news outlets like it was
theirs.

Since your "doctor" is the VA I doubt it really has much to do with
the rest of the world, particularly SW Florida.

My "doctor" is a civilian internal medicine guy just down the road. Has nothing to do with the VA. I
use the VA for hearing aids, and that's it.

Don't know where you came up with that one either.

My bad, I just assumed you were VA but the fact still remains that
around here you are more likely to see a tech than a real doctor when
you go to your PCP. Maybe TriCare works differently or maybe the
concierge medicine thing has not caught on up there. My internal
medicine doctor who used to be a PCP now wants $135 a month to reserve
your right to see him. (plus whatever you are willing to pay per
visit, no insurance)

When I get an appointment card, the tech's name and picture is on the
card not the doctor so they are honest about it.

When I make an appointment to see my PCP, I see my PCP - every time. I use Medicare with Tricare as
the secondary.

My wife has a Medicare Advantage Plan through Tufts. Whenever she has
to visit she always sees her woman PCP (full fledged MD).

Nurses take the basic vitals first, then the doc comes in for the rest
of the exam and any consultation needed. Only cost is a small co-pay
for meds. They even cover most of the cost of special items she needs
occasionally as a result of a mastectomy 22 years ago. Good plan.

All I can say is good for you. That is not my experience here.

Your experience of having to pay $135 a month to reserve the right
to see a "real" doctor seems very strange. Never heard of such a
thing but maybe all Medicare Advantage plans aren't created equal.
Yours is through United Health Care, is that correct?

https://www.avg.com

wrote:

[...]

This has nothing to do with insurance, in fact insurance companies
don't generally cover concierge doctors. It is simply a business plan
that is catching on here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concierge_medicine