Default New Golf Club for Old Guys!

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 14:19:17 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 5:04:28 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 09:06:28 -0700 (PDT), Its Me
wrote:

On Friday, April 19, 2019 at 11:52:23 AM UTC-4, John H wrote:
On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 10:55:35 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:32:06 -0400, John H.
wrote:

This is probably approved by the NRA also!

https://www.ezeegolf.com/video

===

Heh! Do they have a radar guided ball also with a built in homing
device? Or one that will make the ball jump out of the water and back
onto the fairway?

---
https://www.avg.com

That's next, I guess. To me the concept is stupid. If you have an infallible club, why not just
choose and direction and distance, walk to the chosen spot, and drop the ball. Then do it again,
until you're on the green. But this club is actually being sold. I hear Fairfax County considers it
a firearm and has made it illegal (that from the golfer who informed me of this thing).

I get the feeling that it's not as easy as it may seem. While you might be assured that the ball is going to go somewhere, I'll bet that just like "real" golf, any misalignment of the head will make the ball go left or right. Also, rocking the club back and forth would change the angle it strikes the ball, and then its trajectory and distance.

I see it as a way to allow someone with a physical handicap that prevents them from swinging a club to still enjoy a social round of golf. I have a BIL who's on full disability from the military that I'll bet would love one of those. I'd play a round with him.

The strange thing about hitting a golf ball is that most of the effort
ends up being in the last 2/3s of the distance or less. A mediocre
swat will get you 150-180 yards and Tiger on a good day only hits
~300.
I shot a social game with good players once, using nothing but a 5
iron, a club I was hitting well at the time and other shorter clubs.
My score was about as good as I do and no shot was more than 160-170
yards. (but they were all in play).

Hence the saying, "Drive for show, putt for dough." If you can keep it in play, your short game and putting is where the stroke pile up. However, I'll bet those good players weren't real happy about stopping at 140 yards to let you hit again while their balls were laying out at 250.

We were walking and I walk fast. I had hit by the time they caught up.
I am a "ready golfer". Like I said, it was actually fairly pleasant.
My short game was pretty good in those days. I just couldn't hit the
big dog for ****. Now I am completely the opposite. I out drive the
guys I play with some time but I fall apart right at the green. It is
just because I won't practice. I used to walk around the house in
Maryland with my Ky Laffoon 9 iron, just popping the ball at some leaf
or something seeing if I could hit it. I also had a pile of sand in
the yard, left over from my spa project that I played with a sand
wedge in.

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 23:05:02 -0000 (UTC), Bill wrote:

True North wrote:
Its Me

"I get the feeling that it's not as easy as it may seem. *While you might
be assured that the ball is going to go somewhere, I'll bet that just
like "real" golf, any misalignment of the head will make the ball go left
or right. *Also, rocking the club back and forth would change the angle
it strikes the ball, and then its trajectory and distance.*

I see it as a way to allow someone with a physical handicap that prevents
them from swinging a club to still enjoy a social round of golf. *I have
a BIL who's on full disability from the military that I'll bet would love
one of those. *I'd play a round with him."

Well, aren't you compassionate and considerate. Y'all might get an award for that.

Well, your opinion matters. Just not to any of us.

~~Snerk~~!

I wholeheartedly and unequivocally agree with this post in its entirety, because it is extremely
well said. Short, sweet, and to the point!

On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 20:21:12 -0400, Alex wrote:

Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
Kalif Swill guzzles another drink...

True North wrote:
Its Me

"I get the feeling that it's not as easy as it may seem. While you might
be assured that the ball is going to go somewhere, I'll bet that just
like "real" golf, any misalignment of the head will make the ball go left
or right. Also, rocking the club back and forth would change the angle
it strikes the ball, and then its trajectory and distance.

I see it as a way to allow someone with a physical handicap that prevents
them from swinging a club to still enjoy a social round of golf. I have
a BIL who's on full disability from the military that I'll bet would love
one of those. I'd play a round with him."

Well, aren't you compassionate and considerate. Y'all might get an award for that.

"Well, your opinion matters. Just not to any of us."

I completely understand, Swill.
You repugnants aren't big on compassion or consideration towards others.

Oh, we have compassion. Not much for stupid actions. And your statements
and actions are stupid.

He's a moron - really. He's trying really hard to fill in for his
master and he's doing a very lousy job.

He's pushing for a lot of head-pats when master returns. Wonder how he'll rephrase 'Y'all
southerners...' when master moves down south?

"Y'all southerners (except you Harry, of course)..."

Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
Kalif Swill guzzles another drink...

True North wrote:
Its Me

[...]

Fat Harry will give him his instructions.

Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers....

John H. wrote:Â*
On Fri, 19 Apr 2019 20:21:12 -0400, Alex wrote:Â*
Â*
Bill wrote:Â*
True North wrote:Â*
Kalif Swill guzzles another drink...Â*
Â*
Â*
True North wrote:Â*
Its MeÂ*
Â* Â*Â*
Â* Â*Â*
"I get the feeling that it's not as easy as it may seem. Â*While you mightÂ*
be assured that the ball is going to go somewhere, I'll bet that justÂ*
like "real" golf, any misalignment of the head will make the ball go leftÂ*
or right. Â*Also, rocking the club back and forth would change the angleÂ*
it strikes the ball, and then its trajectory and distance.Â*
Â* Â*Â*
I see it as a way to allow someone with a physical handicap that preventsÂ*
them from swinging a club to still enjoy a social round of golf. Â*I haveÂ*
a BIL who's on full disability from the military that I'll bet would loveÂ*
one of those. Â*I'd play a round with him."Â*
Â* Â*Â*
Â* Â*Â*
Well, aren't you compassionate and considerate. Â*Y'all might get an award for that.Â*
Â* Â*Â*
Â* Â*Â*
Â* Â*Â*
"Well, your opinion matters. Â*Just not to any of us."Â*
Â*
Â*
I completely understand, Swill.Â*
You repugnants aren't big on compassion or consideration towards others.Â*
Â*
Â*
Oh, we have compassion. Â*Not much for stupid actions. Â*And your statementsÂ*
and actions are stupid.Â*
Â*

He's a moron - really. Â*He's trying really hard to fill in for hisÂ*
master and he's doing a very lousy job.Â*

He's pushing for a lot of head-pats when master returns. Wonder how he'll rephrase 'Y'allÂ*
southerners...' when master moves down south?Â*
Â*
"Y'all southerners (except you Harry, of course)..."Â*

"Fat Harry will give him his instructions."Â*

Harry asked me to kick the trash to the curb. Is that what y'all mean?

True North wrote:
Ditzy Dan Kruger blathers....

Bill wrote:
True North wrote:
Kalif Swill guzzles another drink...

True North wrote:
Its Me

[...]

Pay attention to who you are responding to and why are you taking
direction from an a-hole like Fat Harry the deadbeat? I get it that you
have no other friends, but why pick a loser like him? Be your own man.