linster

Default Mercury 1977 402

I need a power head for a 1977 Mercury 402 40hp. I don't need one that runs
just one that has all or most of the parts.

Clams Canino

Is that the 2 cylinder jobbie?

-W

"linster" wrote in message
I need a power head for a 1977 Mercury 402 40hp. I don't need one that

runs
just one that has all or most of the parts.

Harry Krause

"linster" wrote in message
I need a power head for a 1977 Mercury 402 40hp. I don't need one that

runs
just one that has all or most of the parts.

Wow...I had no idea Merc made a 40 hp two cylinder outboard. How long
was that in manufacture, Clams?

--
Email sent to will never reach me.

Clams Canino

OK that's the 40hp twin - it's 1/3 of an inline 6 - LOL.

I don't have a loose powerhead for that - but I have all the loose parts
except the crank.

What's wrong with yours?

-W

"linster" wrote in message
I need a power head for a 1977 Mercury 402 40hp. I don't need one that

runs
just one that has all or most of the parts.

Clams Canino

It ran concurrently with the "direct charge" inline 6's - at least through
part of the 70's and 80's.

It's just 2 outta the 6. One reed-block and one carb between the two to feed
both.

-W