Default To buy or not to buy...

On 2/12/19 4:12 PM, True North wrote:
The John flushes his head
"I'lll pick it up Thursday. Don't be too jealous, Donnie. Here, you can look and eat your little
heart out. Let Lora see it too!

https://allentown.craigslist.org/mcd/d/coopersburg-2010-honda-silverwing-600/6812030435.html"

You bought it without trying it out?
What's that saying about 'a fool and his money are soon parted'??

Why would you eat your heart out over a used scooter that Herring wants?

Keyser Soze

On 2/12/19 4:12 PM, True North wrote:Â*
The John flushes his headÂ*
"I'lll pick it up Thursday. Don't be too jealous, Donnie. Here, you can look and eat your littleÂ*
heart out. Let Lora see it too!Â*
Â*
Â*https://allentown.craigslist.org/mcd/d/coopersburg-2010-honda-silverwing-600/6812030435.html"Â*
Â*
Â*
Â*
You bought it without trying it out?Â*
What's that saying about 'a fool and his money are soon parted'??Â*
Â*

"Why would you eat your heart out over a used scooter that Herring wants?"

You're probably right. Thought I might feel bad if I didn't say anything and he wrapped himself around a pole.

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 7:39:26 PM UTC-5, True North wrote:
19:14 JackOff ejaculates
"Isn't it a fool and his boat has corroded fasteners?"

No corroded fasteners on my boat.
Are y'all still abusing those palm sisters?

You complained here about your old metal boat corroding in the salt water. Are you senile?

Its Me
"You complained here about your old metal boat corroding in the salt water. Are you senile?"

That's ancient history. Problem was rectified after dealer backed me up against the manufacturer.
That boat was traded in on my current one three years ago.

True North wrote:
Keyser Soze

On 2/12/19 4:12 PM, True North wrote:Â*
The John flushes his headÂ*
"I'lll pick it up Thursday. Don't be too jealous, Donnie. Here, you can
look and eat your littleÂ*
heart out. Let Lora see it too!Â*
Â*
Â*https://allentown.craigslist.org/mcd/d/coopersburg-2010-honda-silverwing-600/6812030435.html"Â*
Â*
Â*
Â*
You bought it without trying it out?Â*
What's that saying about 'a fool and his money are soon parted'??Â*
Â*

"Why would you eat your heart out over a used scooter that Herring wants?"

You're probably right. Thought I might feel bad if I didn't say anything
and he wrapped himself around a pole.

I wouldn’t. 😀

--
Posted with my iPhone 8+.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 19:59:48 -0500, Alex wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 13:28:25 -0500 (EST), Justan Ohlphart wrote:

John H. Wrote in message:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 12:58:50 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:On 2/12/19 10:19 AM, Tim wrote: John H ...that is the question. It's nine years old, but my Guzzi is almost 30 years old. Fast enough for the interstate and very maneuverable. Not horribly expensive. Very low mileage. Honda stopped making them in 2013. https://allentown.craigslist.org/mcd/d/coopersburg-2010-honda-silverwing-600/6812030435.html .......... John that seems like a fair price but I really think you should test drive one to see if it?s for you. They?re seating is different than a motorcycle. Brittle Bones Herring should be looking at motorized wheel chairs...or a scooter like this:https://is.gd/UXUw7rFrom the proud owner of a virtual Ducati, eh Krause?(Those lies just keep on keeping on, don't they?)
Fat Harry has a habit of stepping on his tongue while he tries to
insult us.

I have one similar, that I keep on my camper.

A Silverwing? It's too heavy to go on the back of my rig. Mainly it'll get used for running around
here, although I may try it out on a longer trip. Owners say the thing does real well on the
interstate.

Owners? Are you an idiot? Only salespeople know if it's right for you.

That's only when I'm letting my 'canadian' side do my thinking.

On Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:03:41 -0500, Alex wrote:

True North wrote:
The John flushes his head
"I'lll pick it up Thursday. Don't be too jealous, Donnie. Here, you can look and eat your little
heart out. Let Lora see it too!

https://allentown.craigslist.org/mcd/d/coopersburg-2010-honda-silverwing-600/6812030435.html"

You bought it without trying it out?
What's that saying about 'a fool and his money are soon parted'??

Are you kidding? You are the dumbest person on the earth when it comes
to buying anything. How many ****ty boats have you purchased? Didn't
one literally fall apart? You are the fool, Donald White.

You would think that boy would learn.

*
*https://allentown.craigslist.org/mcd/d/coopersburg-2010-honda-silverwing-600/6812030435.html"*
*
*
*
You bought it without trying it out?*
What's that saying about 'a fool and his money are soon parted'??*
*

"Why would you eat your heart out over a used scooter that Herring wants?"

You're probably right. Thought I might feel bad if I didn't say anything and he wrapped himself around a pole.

How many miles have you put on a motorcycle now, Donnie?

True North wrote:
The John flushes his head
"I'lll pick it up Thursday. Don't be too jealous, Donnie. Here, you can look and eat your little
heart out. Let Lora see it too!

https://allentown.craigslist.org/mcd/d/coopersburg-2010-honda-silverwing-600/6812030435.html"

John, I think I recall reading that you said you put a deposit on the
Silverwing to "hold" it and if you decided against purchasing after
seeing it your deposit would be returned.

That's fine if the seller agreed but it's
something I never really understood about deposits, especially those
made sight unseen. Why should a seller agree to hold an item,
making it unavailable (lost opportunity) to other potential buyers and
then return the good faith deposit if the buyer changes his/her mind.

I always treated a deposit made under that kind of circumstance
as being subject to forfeit if the buyer changed his/her mind.

Happened a few times when I had the guitar shop. Guy would come
in, fall in love with a guitar but didn't have the $$ to purchase
at the time. If he put a deposit on it, I'd agree to hold it for
a specific period of time (usually no more than a week or two) after
which it would be made available for sale again to anyone. If the
buyer decided *not* to purchase after the time period I said I'd
hold it, his deposit was subject to being forfeited, depending on
my mood at the time and his reason.

I had one situation where a guy put $100 down on a $2,800 guitar
and showed up *six* months later to complete the purchase.
The guitar was long gone by then and the guy *demanded* his
$100 back. Told him to take a hike, mostly because of his
attitude, not the $100.

---
https://www.avg.com

True North wrote:
[...]

I expect you're right, there's really no reason for the dealer to return my deposit. It's just a
matter of trust. I asked him if I could change my mind and get the deposit back if there was
something I didn't like or if it didn't 'fit'. He said there'd be no problem. I agree that if he
changed his mind, I'd lose the deposit. But, I'm not worried about it. The main thing I wanted was
for him to hold the bike until I got there. The guy I talked with is the owner of the dealership,
and sounded trustworthy. (And my have things like Google reviews, Yelp, Facebook, etc. on his mind!)

Like you, there are a few trustworthy folks who sell stuff! Besides, I can't imagine not liking the
bike. I've been looking at them for several years now, and this is the nicest one with the lowest
mileage I've seen.