Default Our government in action

I was approved for my Veteran ID card on March 21 of this year. It has
been chugging it's way through the system I guess. I got an Email 2
weeks ago saying it was being printed and today I got one saying it
was in the mail, expect to see it in 2-3 weeks but don't call them
asking them about it for 24 days.
My bank sold me a new credit card and it was in my mailbox 2 days
later.

On 12/11/18 5:30 PM, wrote:
I was approved for my Veteran ID card on March 21 of this year. It has
been chugging it's way through the system I guess. I got an Email 2
weeks ago saying it was being printed and today I got one saying it
was in the mail, expect to see it in 2-3 weeks but don't call them
asking them about it for 24 days.
My bank sold me a new credit card and it was in my mailbox 2 days
later.

You weren't aware the same fellas who approve suppressor applications up
at the ATF also approve vet ID cards? Shame on you.

I got one for you. A wireless phone system was broken into, and someone
ordered three top of the line iPhones, at nearly $1500 each, and had
them shipped to me. Apparently, the crooks call the shipper and arrange
for the phones to be delivered to an address different from that of the
alleged purchaser. Well, hell, the three phones were delivered here,
before they could be diverted, and the shipper left them here without a
signature. Took me three hours to sort of get the mess straightened out.
They sent me a return package but with no prepaid return label. Told
them I was going to leave the phones on the nearest corner. Occurred to
me I could return the phones by simply dropping the box off at a local
convenience shipper and tell them to "Return to Sender." They gave me a
receipt.

Ahh, corporations. Blech.

Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/11/18 5:30 PM, wrote:
[...]

Surprised you did not keep them.

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:39:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 5:30 PM, wrote:
[...]

The news had a video of some phone store burglars the other night but
I thought they should have seen this coming when the put the sign on
the door.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/phone%20burglars.jpg

In real life I doubt these stolen phones are very valuable. Can't the
carriers blacklist a stolen phone?
I guess they might be usable in some 3d world country but that would
not translate to a lot of money here for the thief.

On 12/11/18 7:31 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:39:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 5:30 PM,
wrote:
[...]

The fraud guy I spoke with said the intercepted phones would be shipped
out of this country where they would be sold for about half retail.
They're not traceable over there...because the SIM cards are replaced.
Or something like that. My interest was to make sure I wouldn't be on
the hook for $4500 in phones...after I got an email notice from the cell
company, I stopped listening too closely.

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:44:04 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 7:31 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:39:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 5:30 PM,
wrote:
[...]

I can believe the SIM card can be swapped out but isn't there a burned
in serial number? I don't know my flip phone is probably not really a
hot theft item. I think it is probably more capable than I will ever
need tho. Most of the time it is still back at the house. I just use
it as a phone when I carry it.

On 12/11/18 11:38 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:44:04 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 7:31 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:39:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 5:30 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Perhaps the overseas cell companies in some countries don't check for
"hot" phones. I dunno. Once I was off the hook for the three phones and
got a note to that effect, I lost interest. I sort of wonder why the
cell company shipped the phones out without any sort of credit card or
bank info, since none of my $$$ accounts were hit. Shipping out $4500
retail of phones to an individual without a payment arrangement seems
kind of odd.

On Wednesday, December 12, 2018 at 6:57:11 AM UTC-5, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 12/11/18 11:38 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:44:04 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 7:31 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:39:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 5:30 PM,
wrote:
[...]

The whole story seems "odd", eh?

On 12/11/18 5:30 PM, wrote:
[...]

You come down on corporations but say nothing about the 'crooks' who precipitated the mess. Weird,
huh?

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 23:38:07 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 20:44:04 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 7:31 PM,
wrote:
On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 17:39:09 -0500, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 12/11/18 5:30 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Even with new SIM cards, the serial number stays with the phone. I'm on my third SIM card in my i6
and the serial number has not changed.

We are from the government and here to help [email protected] General 54 January 26th 16 04:22 AM
We're From The Government Un-Yawn Cruising 2 September 12th 09 09:19 PM
Government Fred Bastiat ASA 4 December 2nd 06 05:07 PM
( OT ) I'M FROM THE GOVERNMENT and I'M HERE TO HELP YOU Jim, General 6 March 31st 05 11:48 PM