Default It's not even winter yet....

Winter is still about 5 weeks away but man it's been cold the last couple of days...and strong wings gusting close to 100 km are really making it bad.
Fall used to be our best season but endless rain and now drastic cold are taking that away.
Must be that global weather shifts that many keep denying.

https://www.cbc.ca/ns/weather/s0000318.html

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:03:53 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Winter is still about 5 weeks away but man it's been cold the last couple of days...and strong wings gusting close to 100 km are really making it bad.
Fall used to be our best season but endless rain and now drastic cold are taking that away.
Must be that global weather shifts that many keep denying.

https://www.cbc.ca/ns/weather/s0000318.html

Yeah they say it might be 70 (21c) on Saturday.

Brrrr

wrote:

Winter is still about 5 weeks away but man it's been cold the last
couple of days...and strong wings gusting close to 100 km are really making it bad.
Fall used to be our best season but endless rain and now drastic cold
are taking that away.
Must be that global weather shifts that many keep denying.

https://www.cbc.ca/ns/weather/s0000318.html

Yeah they say it might be 70 (21c) on Saturday.

Brrrr

They say rain maybe Tuesday. We need it. None so far this rainy season.
And Trump was correct with his statement the forest have been mismanaged.
They have put out all fires possible for at least 60 years. One of the
lakes we go to near Yosemite, had the Rim Fire come to the edge of the,lake
on one side. Lots of dead trees from bark beetles, that normally are held
in check by smoke from small fires, that clear the underbrush. Probably
300 trees per acre, where the normal would be 100 trees. So we hope for
rain to help the firefighters. Friends of my daughter do not know if their
home in Malibu is OK, but heard on the radio his brothers house is gone.
We are 180 miles from the Paradise Fire, and looks like fog here and people
wearing filter masks.

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:03:53 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Winter is still about 5 weeks away but man it's been cold the last couple of days...and strong wings gusting close to 100 km are really making it bad.
Fall used to be our best season but endless rain and now drastic cold are taking that away.
Must be that global weather shifts that many keep denying.

https://www.cbc.ca/ns/weather/s0000318.html

Who is denying climate change?

The word 'that' is used to modify a singular noun, not plural.

You would not say, "That dogs that run." You would say, "Those dogs that run."

Eventually you'll learn.

On 11/15/2018 7:17 AM, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:03:53 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:

Winter is still about 5 weeks away but man it's been cold the last couple of days...and strong wings gusting close to 100 km are really making it bad.
Fall used to be our best season but endless rain and now drastic cold are taking that away.
Must be that global weather shifts that many keep denying.

https://www.cbc.ca/ns/weather/s0000318.html

Who is denying climate change?

The word 'that' is used to modify a singular noun, not plural.

You would not say, "That dogs that run." You would say, "Those dogs that run."

Eventually you'll learn.

Heh. I am thankful that I was an engineer. If the hundreds of
technical proposals I wrote over the years had been graded for
grammatical correctness and proper punctuation it's unlikely I ever
would have won a contract. :-)

John H

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:03:53 -0800 (PST), True North wrote:Â*

Winter is still about 5 weeks away but man it's been cold the last couple of days...and strong wings gusting close to 100 km are really making it bad..Â*
Fall used to be our best season but endless rain and now drastic cold are taking that away.Â*
Must be that global weather shifts that many keep denying.Â*
Â*
https://www.cbc.ca/ns/weather/s0000318.htmlÂ*

"Who is denying climate change?Â*

The word 'that' is used to modify a singular noun, not plural.Â*

You would not say, "That dogs that run." You would say, "Those dogs that run."Â*

Eventually you'll learn."

Too bad y'all didn't put half the effort educating those unfortunate students of yours that y'all put into your snarkiness here.

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 07:34:59 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

I majored in Math, but basic grammar isn't all that difficult.

Donnie has to remember that what goes around comes around.

*
https://www.cbc.ca/ns/weather/s0000318.html*

"Who is denying climate change?*

The word 'that' is used to modify a singular noun, not plural.*

You would not say, "That dogs that run." You would say, "Those dogs that run."*

Eventually you'll learn."

Too bad y'all didn't put half the effort educating those unfortunate students of yours that y'all put into your snarkiness here.

Assisting you with English grammar requires minimal effort.

On 11/15/2018 11:12 AM, John H. wrote:
[...]

I think my basic grammar is probably ok although Harry will never agree.

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 11:23:59 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

I don't think I've ever witnessed you incessantly correcting the spelling or grammar of others.

Done for the winter bob General 81 November 4th 12 02:59 AM
Peter R Cresswell Winter Layup 2012-01-24 - Peter R Cresswell Winter Layup 2012-01-24 #1634.jpg Steve[_10_] Tall Ship Photos 0 January 25th 12 06:14 PM
Rt Hon Paul J Martin in Winter Layup 2012-01-24 - Rt Hon Paul J Martin Winter Layup 2012-01-24 #1636.jpg Steve[_10_] Tall Ship Photos 0 January 25th 12 06:13 PM
Winter Eisboch General 38 December 27th 08 03:56 AM
Is it Winter yet? Mundo ASA 4 February 13th 06 04:34 AM