Default It's not even winter yet....

On 11/15/18 11:23 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/15/2018 11:12 AM, John H. wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2018 07:34:59 -0500, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 11/15/2018 7:17 AM, John H. wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 19:03:53 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

Winter is still about 5 weeks away but man it's been cold the last
couple of days...and strong wings gusting close to 100 km are
really making it bad.
Fall used to be our best season but endless rain and now drastic
cold are taking that away.
Must be that global weather shifts that many keep denying.

https://www.cbc.ca/ns/weather/s0000318.html

Who is denying climate change?

The word 'that' is used to modify a singular noun, not plural.

You would not say, "That dogs that run." You would say, "Those dogs
that run."

Eventually you'll learn.

Heh.Â* I am thankful that I was an engineer.Â* If the hundreds of
technical proposals I wrote over the years had been graded for
grammatical correctness and proper punctuation it's unlikely I ever
would have won a contract.Â* :-)

I majored in Math, but basic grammar isn't all that difficult.

Donnie has to remember that what goes around comes around.

I think my basic grammar is probably ok although Harry will never agree.

There's nothing wrong with your grammar.

Herring obviously cannot help himself; he "has" to be an asshole.

In any case, this isn't a venue for formal writing. Of the handful of
posters here I still read, the most egregious grammar and spelling
errors, to say nothing of logic errors, are committed by your buddy
"Justan" and Bilious Bill, and even most of the ones they make are not
worth mentioning.

wrote:

Winter is still about 5 weeks away but man it's been cold the last
couple of days...and strong wings gusting close to 100 km are
really making it bad.
Fall used to be our best season but endless rain and now drastic
cold are taking that away.
Must be that global weather shifts that many keep denying.

https://www.cbc.ca/ns/weather/s0000318.html

Who is denying climate change?

The word 'that' is used to modify a singular noun, not plural.

You would not say, "That dogs that run." You would say, "Those dogs
that run."

Eventually you'll learn.

Heh.* I am thankful that I was an engineer.* If the hundreds of
technical proposals I wrote over the years had been graded for
grammatical correctness and proper punctuation it's unlikely I ever
would have won a contract.* :-)

I majored in Math, but basic grammar isn't all that difficult.

Donnie has to remember that what goes around comes around.

I think my basic grammar is probably ok although Harry will never agree.

There's nothing wrong with your grammar.

Herring obviously cannot help himself; he "has" to be an asshole.

In any case, this isn't a venue for formal writing. Of the handful of
posters here I still read, the most egregious grammar and spelling
errors, to say nothing of logic errors, are committed by your buddy
"Justan" and Bilious Bill, and even most of the ones they make are not
worth mentioning.

Well Donnie, I guess that means Krause doesn't read your posts. Shame, eh?

So, Fat Harry, you still are full of ****.

On 11/15/18 1:25 PM, Justan Ohlphart wrote:
Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
There's nothing wrong with your grammar.Herring obviously cannot help himself; he "has" to be an asshole.In any case, this isn't a venue for formal writing. Of the handful of posters here I still read, the most egregious grammar and spelling errors, to say nothing of logic errors, are committed by your buddy "Justan" and Bilious Bill, and even most of the ones they make are not worth mentioning.

While you were perfecting your English skills and reasoning, as
instructed by your cow pie throwing liberal professors in bumfoch
Kansas, I was busy honoring a commitment to my country.

1. The cow pies were mostly a product of K-State.
2. I had no idea of the "politics" of most of the professors whose
classes I took.
3. Your commitment to do what, exactly? Help kill SE Asians?

I know a lot of people who never attended college but who managed to
master English to the point where their spelling, grammar, and logic
skills far exceed yours. You're just an ignorant ass.

Done for the winter bob General 81 November 4th 12 01:59 AM
Peter R Cresswell Winter Layup 2012-01-24 - Peter R Cresswell Winter Layup 2012-01-24 #1634.jpg Steve[_10_] Tall Ship Photos 0 January 25th 12 05:14 PM
Rt Hon Paul J Martin in Winter Layup 2012-01-24 - Rt Hon Paul J Martin Winter Layup 2012-01-24 #1636.jpg Steve[_10_] Tall Ship Photos 0 January 25th 12 05:13 PM
Winter Eisboch General 38 December 27th 08 02:56 AM
Is it Winter yet? Mundo ASA 4 February 13th 06 03:34 AM