Default Ahhh...'Merica...

OWENSBORO, Ky. (WEHT) - An Owensboro man says he now regrets dressing
his son and himself in Nazi costumes during Thursday evening’s trick or
treat event.

A picture of Bryant Goldbach and his son was posted online and has been
sparking outrage. Bryant Goldbach dressed as a Nazi soldier and his son
as Adolf Hitler during Owensboro’s Trail of Treats event.

Goldbach says he originally did it for historical purposes but admits he
didn’t think through his idea.

"Anyone who knows us knows that we love history and often dress the part
of historical figures," Goldbach wrote on social media.

Goldbach claims he received snide remarks and his son was threatened for
wearing the costume at the event Thursday evening.

"Tonight grown adults threatened a child over his costume," Goldbach
wrote on social media. "Threatened to rip his outfit off of him,
screaming obscenities, scaring a small child."

Many say the costume was in poor taste.

Goldbach says he didn't realize it would stir as much controversy as it
has and he apologized for his actions.

"I think it was in bad taste for me to let my child to wear that,
probably for me to wear that. It didn't occur to me. I thought it was a
bad decision on my part," Goldbach said.

Shelby Worden said, "With all the hate in the world, it's bringing out
more hate from the past. It's showing things that shouldn't be, not
necessarily brought up, but romanticized."

The Rabbi at Temple Adath B’nai Israel made a statement concerning how
people should be mindful of what costumes they wear during Halloween.

Rabbi Gary Mazo spoke about the incident.

“The fact that the father apologized is important; the fact he did not
know the costumes would be offensive is a very sad reflection on our
society," Mazo said. "A good rule of thumb would be: 'if your costume
calls to mind an event where millions were killed, choose another
costume'."

The picture of Goldbach and his son has been circulating on social media
and it's stirring up controversy.

Goldbach says he did not see the backlash coming.

- - - - - - - - -

Years from now, 'Mericans will get the **** they deserve for dressing up
as Trump, with orange make-up, straw hair, a red tie, and an ill-fitting
blue suit.

On Mon, 5 Nov 2018 12:59:30 -0500, Keyser Soze wrote:

Mazo said. "A good rule of thumb would be: 'if your costume
calls to mind an event where millions were killed, choose another
costume'."

Yeah you certainly would not want to dress up like US Grant, at least
not if there are any native Americans around.
I suppose Roman Centurion is out too. ;-)
What ever happened to just dressing up like vampires and axe
murderers?

Ahh, 'Merica! Keyser Soze General 7 October 9th 18 05:08 AM
Ahh, 'Merica... F*O*A*D General 25 October 26th 14 09:32 PM
The dumbing down of 'Merica... F*O*A*D General 8 March 26th 14 07:19 AM
Ahhh, 'Merica... F*O*A*D General 43 March 16th 14 02:25 AM
Merica jps General 7 February 28th 13 03:31 PM