Default Ahh, 'Merica!

So, my 15-year-old cheap Korean-made Sears-branded office microwave went
teats-up over the weekend. Found a new cheap Chinese-made LG branded
microwave for the same price I paid for the old microwave at Worst Buy.
Hope it lasts longer than I do.

On 10/8/2018 5:01 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:

So, my 15-year-old cheap Korean-made Sears-branded office microwave went
teats-up over the weekend. Found a new cheap Chinese-made LG branded
microwave for the same price I paid for the old microwave at Worst Buy.
Hope it lasts longer than I do.Â*

Did you happily pay the tariff?

On 10/8/18 5:21 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/8/2018 5:01 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:

So, my 15-year-old cheap Korean-made Sears-branded office microwave
went teats-up over the weekend. Found a new cheap Chinese-made LG
branded microwave for the same price I paid for the old microwave at
Worst Buy. Hope it lasts longer than I do.Â*

Did you happily pay the tariff?

I think I got in under the wire, with merch that already was here.

On 10/8/2018 5:26 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:
On 10/8/18 5:21 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 10/8/2018 5:01 PM, Keyser Soze wrote:

So, my 15-year-old cheap Korean-made Sears-branded office microwave
went teats-up over the weekend. Found a new cheap Chinese-made LG
branded microwave for the same price I paid for the old microwave at
Worst Buy. Hope it lasts longer than I do.Â*

Did you happily pay the tariff?

I think I got in under the wire, with merch that already was here.

I bought a small counter top microwave last winter ... 750 watts ...
because during the 2 day power outage during a heavy snowstorm I tried
running the large one (1200 watts) on the little Honda generator.

I measured the current draw with a meter and it was pulling about 16-17
amps. The Honda grunted and groaned but it ran it. It's only rated for
just over 13 amps max. I didn't want to wreck the generator
so I bought the small microwave. It still draws over 10 amps but
the generator can handle it.

So, now I have two microwaves. The little one is stored in a cabinet for
emergency use.

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 17:01:05 -0400, Keyser Soze wrote:

So, my 15-year-old cheap Korean-made Sears-branded office microwave went
teats-up over the weekend. Found a new cheap Chinese-made LG branded
microwave for the same price I paid for the old microwave at Worst Buy.
Hope it lasts longer than I do.

I am not sure what this has to do with 'Merica since I doubt there has
ever been a consumer grade microwave made in the US.
OTOH my Japanese sourced 45 year old Monkey Ward microwave is still
going.

Ahh, 'Merica... F*O*A*D General 25 October 26th 14 10:32 PM
The dumbing down of 'Merica... F*O*A*D General 8 March 26th 14 08:19 AM
Ahhh, 'Merica... F*O*A*D General 43 March 16th 14 03:25 AM
Merica jps General 7 February 28th 13 04:31 PM
Why Merica is going broke with Obama Canuck57[_9_] General 49 August 15th 11 08:41 PM