Default Wow, Im glad to know this

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 23:29:06 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 27 Oct 2018 03:14:50 -0000 (UTC), Bill
wrote:

John H. wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 21:20:17 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:23:33 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 15:19:34 -0400,
wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:10:56 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/25/18 1:56 PM,
wrote:
On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 13:10:48 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/25/18 12:20 PM, True North wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 08:18:04 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
"Sounds like the one at the Bubble Room on Captiva. That baby is 20-24
oz. I eat a lot and I took a big chunk home."

Good Lord!
These days a good 8 oz steak usually satisfies me if I have a
baked potato and roll accompanying it. Oh yeah...we can't forget a
nice cold 1w oz light beer.
If I'm hungry I might move up to the 12 oz steak.

My wife and I usually will split an eight ounce steak. One of the
restaurants we frequent serves up what it calls a tomahawk steak and if
memory serves, the menu describes it as a 30-36 ounce steak. I've seen a
couple of patrons order one at nearby tables...I can only guess that it
is either shared or a huge chunk of meat is taken home for Fideaux.

"Tomahawk Steak" is a clever way to serve you a great big bone at
restaurant prices. All they do is leave the whole rib bone on a butt
end rib steak, similar to how you "french" lamb chops. Usually they
cut that bone off.
I bet a 36 oz Tomahawk fillets out at around 16-18 oz of meat. The
meat they cut off that bone end used to be called "plate" and it was
so cheap at Swift that my sister fed it to her dogs. Then when the
fajita craze started, they called it flank steak and charged more for
it than the rib steak.

Dunno...the ones I have seen are gi-normous chucks'o'beouf.

If you think a 4 oz steak is a meal they are all huge chunks of beef.
The ones I looked at in Costco looked like a 16 oz rib eye on a 16 oz
bone. I kept walking.
I have seen rib steaks cut off the primal and it did not impress me.
The first thing they used to do was throw that big rib section up on
the band saw and cut those rib bones off.
In those days the plate was pretty much trash, not even worth throwing
in the hamburger. My brother in law could get all he could shove in a
grocery bag for a buck.

Weird Costco. I've never seen rib steak with the bone in at any of our Costco stores.

They had these at the end of the case with the Prime steaks where they
seem to try special/new items. I only saw them once.
I agree usually you just see the cryopacks with the whole boned out
rib, fillet or NY strip.
Then they will cut some up in styro trays for those who do not want
$100 worth of steak in the freezer. I also see they have "Caps" but I
am not sure if I am paying $19/lb for a cap.

Here they are cut into steaks, albeit large ones, although it is also
possible to buy a boneless rib
roast. They do sell the whole tenderloins in the cryopacks. I've gotten
to where my favorite is the
loin, tenderized with one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/y7dezaq3

You should always see a Rib steak with the bone in. A ribeye, is the
boneless version.

Actually if you want to get technical the rib eye is a rib steak with
the cap cut off but that is the best part of the steak. These days
they use the term interchangeably.

GMTA.

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 23:22:01 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:10:56 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

That ought to do it! Run over it with the wheels?

I bet he was going for this

https://tinyurl.com/y7ccnez5

Exactly. Now why didn't that work for me?

wrote:

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 14:10:56 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Trump altered it???

glad to see... harry General 23 November 3rd 12 06:11 PM
I'm sure glad... Happy John General 6 January 23rd 12 08:28 PM
I am so glad... John H[_2_] General 152 October 15th 11 08:47 PM
I am so glad... John H[_10_] General 15 November 15th 09 08:21 AM
OT Glad for Vonage! basskisser General 77 August 28th 06 05:49 PM