Default Richard, Flight simulators?

Is there a beginner's flight simulator for PCs that a smart kid can
run.
Tim Tim is offline

Mr. Luddite
On 10/21/2018 10:32 PM, wrote:
Is there a beginner's flight simulator for PCs that a smart kid can
run.

BTW ... I finally used the gift certificate for an hour's time in a
Cessna last weekend. I was waiting for cooler weather.

The owner of the flight school that I attended years ago when I got
my ticket remembered me and went up with me. I was a little rusty
on the check lists and procedures but flying the airplane and, most
importantly, landing it all came back. Guess it's like riding a
bicycle. All the hours an training from years ago still stuck in
my head.

All I did was "fly the pattern" many times, practicing take-offs
and landings. It was fun.

Though ready at all times, my brother would let me tak off and land his J-4 Piper. Nice little motorized box kite.

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 22:32:52 -0400, wrote:

Is there a beginner's flight simulator for PCs that a smart kid can
run.

https://www.lifewire.com/flight-simu...c-games-840502

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 11:07:08 -0400, John H.
wrote:

On Sun, 21 Oct 2018 22:32:52 -0400, wrote:

Is there a beginner's flight simulator for PCs that a smart kid can
run.

https://www.lifewire.com/flight-simu...c-games-840502

Thanks I will look them over

On 10/22/18 12:49 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 07:20:35 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/21/2018 10:32 PM,
wrote:

Is there a beginner's flight simulator for PCs that a smart kid can
run.

Don't know. I used to have some of the early Microsoft Flight Simulator
versions years ago but haven't kept up with new ones.

There's some free, online flight simulators that you use from their
specific website but the couple I've tried are really horrible. The
controls are not realistic at all.

You might want to call a local flight school and ask if they have
any recommendations. Some have some very good simulators now
and time on the simulator can count towards your log time in some
cases when taking flight instruction.

I doubt this will go as far as getting in a plane but who knows. I am
just trying to feed the quest for knowledge we have with our grand
daughter. She does seem to master anything she tries so who knows.
Thanks

A simulator is close enough for me. Decades ago, when I was involved in
a political campaign, one of the strategists had a single engine plane
he would fly to various meetings. He offered to fly me to the UP once,
but I said no. Couple of years later a mutual friend told me he died
when his plane crashed.

If that wasn't bad enough, when I was in DC I used printing company
whose owner had a "stunt plane," and he offered to take me up. Nope. He
ended up crashing it into a bridge.

Oh, I forgot...when I was in West Virginia, I took a ride in a copter
from Huntington to Morgantown. Copter had a controlled crash up near
Morgantown.

Keyser Soze Wrote in message:
On 10/22/18 12:49 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 07:20:35 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/21/2018 10:32 PM,
wrote:

[...]

Can I interest you in a plane ride to Saudi Arabia?

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 13:02:06 -0400, Keyser Soze
wrote:

On 10/22/18 12:49 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 22 Oct 2018 07:20:35 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

On 10/21/2018 10:32 PM,
wrote:

[...]

"Pilot" always ends up in the top 10 most dangerous jobs. These aren't
airline pilots, they are the guys who fly those little "Buddy Holly"
planes.
BTW I read a cool story on AvWeb this morning. A student and his
instructor put a plane down on the freeway in El Cajon, dropping it
right into traffic between cars, coasted to the ramp and rolled it off
in the (grass with a little help). The CHP reported no injuries or
property damage and minimal disruption to traffic flow.
These things can have a happy ending.

Witty Flight Attendant John H[_2_] General 0 January 13th 18 12:14 PM
RC B-29 Flight Poquito Loco General 20 July 12th 14 11:34 PM
Heros of flight 1594 nockers Tall Ship Photos 0 January 19th 09 12:04 AM
Flying Pig's first Test Flight Skip Gundlach Boat Building 0 January 7th 07 03:41 AM
Pre-flight check Tip Simple Simon ASA 18 August 20th 03 12:44 AM