Default RC B-29 Flight

A great video of an RC B-29 with attached X-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_tLYKb9rY

But, a couple months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hrBl3eDxgH4

Proof that **** happens.

On 7/11/14, 2:33 PM, Poquito Loco wrote:
A great video of an RC B-29 with attached X-1.

Proof that **** happens.

You are all the proof anyone needs that **** happens...over and over and
over.

--
Republicans . . . the anti-immigrant, anti-contraception, anti-student,
anti-middle class, pro-impeachment party that shut down the government

Poquito Loco wrote:
A great video of an RC B-29 with attached X-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_tLYKb9rY

But, a couple months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hrBl3eDxgH4

Proof that **** happens.

I remember as a kid, a guy with a B-29 RC model. Tubes in those days,
peanut tubes, but tubes in the radio. Took off and about 10' off the
ground, the wing root folded. At least it was a low slow crash.

On Friday, July 11, 2014 2:33:19 PM UTC-4, John H. wrote:
A great video of an RC B-29 with attached X-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_tLYKb9rY

But, a couple months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hrBl3eDxgH4

Proof that **** happens.

I saw him fly it in that configuration twice a few years back at Triple Tree in SC. The first time was great, the second time it folded a wing over the runway doing slow rolls and went in.

In this video it's pretty clear the outboard left engine was failing (at or near idle), and it just stalled and went in.

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:36:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, July 11, 2014 2:33:19 PM UTC-4, John H. wrote:
A great video of an RC B-29 with attached X-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_tLYKb9rY

But, a couple months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hrBl3eDxgH4

Proof that **** happens.

I saw him fly it in that configuration twice a few years back at Triple Tree in SC. The first time was great, the second time it folded a wing over the runway doing slow rolls and went in.

In this video it's pretty clear the outboard left engine was failing (at or near idle), and it just stalled and went in.

Mine's still tits up in the garage. Got to stop this camping **** and get my airplane fixed up so I
can crash it again.

On Sat, 12 Jul 2014 09:52:19 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:36:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, July 11, 2014 2:33:19 PM UTC-4, John H. wrote:
A great video of an RC B-29 with attached X-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_tLYKb9rY

But, a couple months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hrBl3eDxgH4

Proof that **** happens.

I saw him fly it in that configuration twice a few years back at Triple Tree in SC. The first time was great, the second time it folded a wing over the runway doing slow rolls and went in.

In this video it's pretty clear the outboard left engine was failing (at or near idle), and it just stalled and went in.

Mine's still tits up in the garage. Got to stop this camping **** and get my airplane fixed up so I
can crash it again.

===

You can fly airplanes in the winter, camping, not so much.

wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:36:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, July 11, 2014 2:33:19 PM UTC-4, John H. wrote:
A great video of an RC B-29 with attached X-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_tLYKb9rY

But, a couple months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hrBl3eDxgH4

Proof that **** happens.

I saw him fly it in that configuration twice a few years back at Triple Tree in SC. The first time was great, the second time it folded a wing over the runway doing slow rolls and went in.

In this video it's pretty clear the outboard left engine was failing (at or near idle), and it just stalled and went in.

Mine's still tits up in the garage. Got to stop this camping **** and get my airplane fixed up so I
can crash it again.

===

You can fly airplanes in the winter, camping, not so much.

Why not?

--
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the
government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of

wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 16:36:40 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, July 11, 2014 2:33:19 PM UTC-4, John H. wrote:
A great video of an RC B-29 with attached X-1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN_tLYKb9rY

But, a couple months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=hrBl3eDxgH4

Proof that **** happens.

I saw him fly it in that configuration twice a few years back at Triple Tree in SC. The first time was great, the second time it folded a wing over the runway doing slow rolls and went in.

In this video it's pretty clear the outboard left engine was failing (at or near idle), and it just stalled and went in.

Mine's still tits up in the garage. Got to stop this camping **** and get my airplane fixed up so I
can crash it again.

===

You can fly airplanes in the winter, camping, not so much.

True. Our last camping trip is scheduled for November. Last year we got frozen out of it. We'll see
what this year brings.

Summer is a great time for flying because school's out. We use the big playground behind a local
school.

wrote:

[...]

A lot of the campgrounds here and to the north close during the winter.
KC KC is offline

wrote:

[...]

....nothing to prove...??

A lot of the campgrounds here and to the north close during the winter.